Perfume products are the ones that fall under the category of cosmetic & personal care products. Perfume products are classified according to the percentage of perfume ingredient (usually an essential oil) present in the product, such as Eau De Parfum (about 10-15% concentration of essential oil), Eau De Toilette (about 5 to 10% essential oil), Eau De Cologne (about 2 to 5% essential oil), and Eau Fraiche (about 1 to 3% essential oil) among others.
- Rising demand of perfume products is attributed to new product development and new product launches by key players, which in turn is expected to drive growth of the global perfume market over the forecast period. For instance, in August 2019, Cosmopolitan launched new Eau de Parfum line, called, ‘Eau de Juice’. The product line include four products: ‘100% Chilled’, ‘Pure Sugar’, ‘Extra Concentrated’, and ‘Love Unfiltered’. The product line with the name, ‘Eau de Juice’ have the packaging that looks like a juice tetra packet or juice box bottle, and this innovative packaging is expected to attract consumer base.
- Among regions, Europe is expected to gain significant traction in global perfumes market over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand of cosmetic and personal care products in the region. For instance, according to the Cosmetics Europe - The Personal Care Association, Europe held the highest market share in global cosmetics and personal care industry valued at US$ 86.73 billion at retail sales price in 2018. Moreover, according to the same source, fragrances/perfumes segment was valued at US$ 13.17 billion in 2017, which increased to reach US$ 13.56 billion in 2018, in Europe cosmetics and personal care industry.
- Furthermore, among end user, women segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing inclination of female users towards cosmetic products. For instance, according to the Cosmetics Europe- The Personal Care Association, frequency of using deodorants (number of times per day) was higher in adult women compared to adult men in 2015. Moreover, according to the ‘annual report 2017’ published by Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Perfumery Association (CTPA) in 2018, fragrance industry in the U.K. was valued at US$ 2,323.39 Mn in 2017, of which fine female fragrance segment held the highest share accounting for US$ 1,279.06 Mn in 2017.
- Key players operating in the global perfume market include Louis Vuitton Malletier, Victoria’s Secret, Coty, Inc., New Avon LLC, Christian Dior SE, Prada S.p.A., L’Oreal SA, Giorgio Armani S.p.A., Calvin Klein Inc., Clive Christian Perfume, and Revlon, Inc.
On the basis of product type, the global perfume market is segmented into:
- Eau De Parfum
- Eau De Toilette
- Eau De Cologne
- Eau Fraiche
- Others (Deodorants and Others)
On the basis of end user, the global perfume market is segmented into:
On the basis of pricing, the global perfume market is segmented into:
On the basis of distribution channel, the global perfume market is segmented into:
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Online Channels
- Departmental Stores
- Others (Specialty Stores and Others)
On the basis of region, the global perfume market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa