Bitumen is a mixture of organic liquids that are highly sticky, black, viscous, and entirely soluble in carbon disulfide and primarily composed of highly condensed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Naturally, occurring bitumen is a tar-like form of petroleum which is so dense, heavy, and thick that it must be heated or diluted before it will flow. Bitumen mostly contain sulfur and various heavy metals such as vanadium, lead, nickel, chromium, mercury, and other toxic elements.
Due to highly sticky and viscous nature of bitumen, it is widely used as a waterproofing agent in roofs of residential and commercial buildings such as shopping malls and airports. Bituminous waterproofing is done to protect the roof of a building from water leakage and seepage. Natural bitumen is a tar-like form of petroleum that is dense, thick, and heavy. It comprises sulfur and various heavy metals such as vanadium, lead, nickel, chromium, mercury, and other toxic elements. Its classification is majorly based on the chemical properties as well as viscosity.When the bitumen is mixed with organic amines and amides, better adhesive properties can be achieved. When it is mixed with lime and fly ash, it provides smooth and excellent surfaces. These properties facilitate the usage of bitumen as a chemical additive.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the Africa bitumen market size (US$ Million & Kilotons) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021 – 2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains an attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights into market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the Africa bitumen market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Exxon Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell Plc., RAHA Bitumen, Inc., Tekfalt Binders (Pty) Ltd., SprayPave, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., GOIL Company Limited, Wabeco Petroleum Ltd., Tiger Bitumen, and Richmond Group
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding their future product launches, Product Type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The Africa bitumen market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, bitumen manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the Africa bitumen market
- Africa Bitumen Market, By Product Type:
- Paving Grade
- Oxidized Grade
- Bitumen Emulsions
- Polymer Modified Bitumen
- Africa Bitumen Market, By Application:
- Others (Footwear, Pillows, etc.)
- Africa Bitumen Market, By Country:
- South Africa
- Rest of Africa
- Company Profiles
- Exxon Mobil Corporation*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
- RAHA Bitumen, Inc.
- Tekfalt Binders (Pty) Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- GOIL Company Limited
- Wabeco Petroleum Ltd.
- Tiger Bitumen
- Richmond Group
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective.