A flat panel display (FPD) is an electronic view device that allows people to see content such as text or moving images in different consumer electronics, mobile devices, and a range of entertainment. There are two different categories of FPDs namely emissive displays and non-emissive displays. FPDs offer high pixel resolution, enhanced contrast setting, and lower power consumption. FPDs are thinner and lighter than conventional cathode ray tubes (CRT), which is usually less than 10 centimeters. These displays are majorly used in TV monitors, laptop computers, portable electronics, digital cameras, packet video games, etc. FPDs offer high pixel resolution, enhanced contrast setting, and lower power consumption.
The manufacturing process for LED display differs according to the application of end product. Constant research and development activities in LCD technology have resulted in the development of manufacturing processes that are both economical and allow production of quality products. For instance, LCDs manufactured using quantum dot technology incur less in terms of production costs and enable production of energy-efficient displays. Thus, these factors are expected to support growth of the market in the near future.
Although OLED displays offer superior performance, they are comparatively more experience than LCD displays. This is due to material wastage incurred during the manufacturing process, which in turn, increases end product cost significantly. Thus, these factors expected to hamper the global flat panel display market growth over the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global flat panel display market and provides market size (US$ million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021-2028), considering 2020 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global flat panel display market based on the following parameters – regulatory landscape, company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered in the global flat panel display market are Sony Corporation, AU Optronics Corp., Panasonic Corporation, Emerging Display Technologies Corp., LG Display Co. Ltd., Innolux Corp., Universal Display Corporation, Japan Display Inc., and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- The market players are focusing on strategic collaborations to innovate and launch new products to meet the increasing needs and requirements of consumers.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology upgradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global flat panel display market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global flat panel display market.
- Global Flat Panel Display Market, By Technology:
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Plasma Display (PDP)
- Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Display
- Others (FED, ELD, etc.)
- Global Flat Panel Display Market, By Applications:
- Consumer Electronics
- Television (TV)
- Mobile Phone
- Personal Computer (PC)
- Automotive Application
- Others (Healthcare, Defense & Military, etc.)
- Global Flat Panel Display Market, By Region:
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- Sony Corporation*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Emerging Display Technologies Corp.
- LG Display Co. Ltd.
- Innolux Corp.
- Universal Display Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
*Browse all the market data tables and figures on “Global Flat Panel Display Market- Forecast to 2027”