Glutathione is a natural antioxidant that is found in plants, animals, fungi, and some bacteria. This antioxidant helps in preventing damage to cellular components caused by reactive oxygen compounds such as free radicals, peroxides, lipid peroxides, and heavy metals. Commercially, glutathione is produced by using enzymatic reaction in presence of adenosine triphosphate and its three precursor acids (L-glutamic acid, L-cysteine, and glycine). Glutathione can also be produced by direct fermentation using sugar as a starting material.
Glutathione is majorly used in skin care products, as it protects skin from visible effects caused by environmental changes. Glutathione containing skin products offers skin restoring and brightening benefits. Increasing preference for beauty and personal care products is expected to boost demand for skin care products during the forecast period. Manufacturers operating in the global glutathione market are focused on various growth strategies such as new product launches, in order to expand their product portfolio.
The primary factor driving the global glutathione market growth rate is increasing demand for glutathione from both developed and developing economies' food and beverage industries. Increased awareness about glutathione's benefits such as antioxidant support, detoxification, immune support, and skin brightening, growing end-use industries, particularly in developing economies, and expanding application areas for glutathione such as in beauty and personal care products, are expecetd to drive the global glutathione marketgrowth.
Increased demand for sports nutrition and supplements, rising interest in nutraceuticals as a result of growing health consciousness worldwide, rising major companies' investment in research and development capabilities, acceleration of industrialization, and growing emphasis on technological advancements and modernization of production methods contributes to the global glutathione market's expansion.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global Glutathione Market and provides market size (US$ Mn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global Glutathione Market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd., Shandong Jincheng Biological Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., KOHJIN Life Sciences Co., Ltd., Shenzhen GSH Bio-Technology Co, Ltd, Kaiping Genuine Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Nissor Pharmaceuticals Ltd., and Jarrow Formulas, Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decisions regarding future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- Global Glutathione Market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the Glutathione Market
- Global Glutathione Market, By Product Type:
- Reduced Glutathione
- Oxidized Glutathione
- Global Glutathione Market, By Application:
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Global Glutathione Market, By Region:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Jincheng Biological Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- KOHJIN Life Sciences Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen GSH Bio-Technology Co, Ltd
- Kaiping Genuine Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Nissor Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Jarrow Formulas, Inc.