A passive optical network is simply a fiber-optic communications technology for transmitting broadband optical network connections to end users. It can be considered as an alternative to the more commonly used digital-to-analog (DTA) switches and is gaining more popularity among end users as it provides greater faultless and robust connectivity to both voice and data networks at a lower cost. However, like any other technology, its scope of service is limited by inherent physical and environmental factors, as well as the ability of the infrastructure to accommodate large volumes of data transmitted over long distances. The most conventional use of a passive optical network is its usage in the central office. The system consists of a series of optical fiber nodes (also known as optical end-users), which are arranged in a pattern in close proximity to one another.
Eco-friendly alternative as compared to conventional networks is expected to boost the global passive optical network (PON) equipment market growth over the forecast period. With rising awareness regarding global warming, the demand for eco-friendly solutions has increased constantly in the recent past. Rising digitalization and increasing demand for secure and safe network operation have led to the high adoption of PON equipment.
Moreover, growing focus on upgrading the existing networks to PON for higher broadband speed is expected to accelerate growth of the global passive optical network (PON) equipment market in the near future.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the passive optical network (PON) equipment market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global passive optical network (PON) equipment market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Adtran Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Hitachi Communication Technologies, Inc., AT & T Inc., Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., Broadcom Corporation, Inc., Ericsson Inc., Calix Inc., and ECI Telecom, Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global passive optical network (PON) equipment market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global passive optical network (PON) equipment market
- Global Passive Optical Network (PON) Market, By Structure:
- Global Passive Optical Network (PON) Market, By Component:
- Global Passive Optical Network (PON) Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
- Adtran Inc.*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- Hitachi Communication Technologies, Inc.
- AT & T Inc.
- Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation, Inc.
- Ericsson Inc.
- Calix Inc.
- ECI Telecom, Ltd.
*Browse all the market data tables and figures on “Global Passive Optical Network (PON) Market- Forecast to 2028”