Video on Demand is a new media delivery system, which lets customers’ access videos via subscription without the restrictions of a traditional pay-per-view broadcast schedule and without a personal computer. Video on Demand allows viewers to order and receive video streams while working on their laptops, cell phones, tablets, and other handsets. The subscriber can select the programs to watch without having to leave their current position. Viewers can also pause, rewind, skip, and replay the video as many times as they would like. Video on Demand is available in multiple languages and can be viewed from any location. It is accessible through devices such as Blu-ray Disc players, smartphones, digital cable boxes, home entertainment systems, and internet television.
Rising adoption of smartphones and tablets is expected to boost the global video on demand service market growth over the forecast period. Over the years, the adoption of smartphones and tablets has increased significantly. As per the Pew Research Center, in 2019, around 81% of people in the U.S. had smartphones, increasing from 68% in 2015. According to the same source, tablet users in the U.S. increased from 34% in 2013 to 52% in 2019. Video on-demand services can be readily accessed via smartphones and tablets, which has increased the adoption of these services.
Furthermore, flexibility and seamless consumer experience offered by service providers are expected to accelerate growth of the global video on-demand service market in the near future.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the video on demand service market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global video on demand service market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Cisco Systems Inc., StreamingMedia.com, SeaChange International Inc., Amazon Video, HBO, Pace Limited, Hulu, Massive Interactive, Inc., Apple Inc., Espial Group, and Netflix Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global video on demand service market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global video on demand service market
- Global Video On Demand Market, By Content Type
- Global Video On Demand Market, By Region
- North America
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of World
- Company Profiles
- Cisco Systems Inc.*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- SeaChange International Inc.
- Amazon Video
- Pace Limited
- Massive Interactive, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Espial Group
- Netflix Inc.
*Browse all the market data tables and figures on "Global Video On Demand Market - Forecast to 2028”