Global Dental Laboratories Market, by Product (Restorative, Implant, Oral Care, Orthodontic, Endodontic, and Others), by Equipment (Milling Equipment, Dental Scanners, Furnaces, Articulators, Dental Lasers, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa), is estimated to be valued at US$ 38.4 Bn in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period (2021-2028), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Rising R&D and innovations in dental equipment is expected to propel the global dental laboratories market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in October 2020, according to International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, three-dimensional imaging has established as advanced technological tool in dentistry. Cone beam computed tomography is a 3-D imaging and modelling technology with the introduction of advanced imaging techniques such as Computer-aided Design (CAD) and Computer-aided Design (CAM). These techniques have facilitated planning and handling of complicated dental procedures.
Global Dental Laboratories Market– Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The dental laboratories market has been greatly impacted due to the coronavirus epidemic. Following the announcement of the lockdown in March 2020, several dental practices either shuttered altogether or limited their services to the bare minimum. The pandemic had tremendous issues related to dental operations with negative impact on dental labs.
COVID-19 had a detrimental influence on the dentistry sector by reducing number of patients and dental spending. The capital equipment and materials markets was impacted by the decreased cash flow in dental offices as well as decreased demand for dental prosthetics. Overall, the pandemic's impact on the digital dentistry market is projected to hamper the global dental laboratories market growth.
Browse 32 Market Data Tables and 35 Figures spread through 312 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Global Dental Laboratories Market”- Forecast to 2028, Global Dental Laboratories Market, by Product (Restorative, Implant, Oral Care, Orthodontic, Endodontic, and Others), by Equipment (Milling Equipment, Dental Scanners, Furnaces, Articulators, Dental Lasers, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the Global Dental Laboratories Market, click the link below:
Increasing use of bone morphogenic enzymes for treatment of dental diseases is anticipated to drive the global dental laboratories market growth during the forecast period. The use of bone morphogenic enzymes as implants has resulted in faster healing and shorter procedure times. For instance, according to the Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, in August 2019, the complementary use of bone morphogenic protein 2 (BMP-2) became clinically available to recover bone regeneration and generate expectable results in difficult cases in dental treatment.
Key Takeaways of the Global Dental Laboratories Market:
- Global dental laboratories market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period, owing to rising incidences of dental diseases worldwide. For instance, in March 2020, according to World Health organization (WHO), tooth loss due to various periodontal (gum) diseases is very common, which is affecting around 10% of the global population. Poor dental hygiene and use of tobacco are the leading causes of periodontal (gum) diseases.
- Based on product, orthodontic segment is estimated to account for largest market share in the global dental laboratories market in 2021, owing towards a healthier mouth, a more appealing look, and teeth that will last for a lifetime. Orthodontic is a dentistry specialty that treats tooth misalignment with braces and other dental devices. An orthodontic appliance is simply a dental device that is custom-made to address a specific dental problem. It aids in the repair of incorrectly positioned teeth and jaws.
- In terms of equipment, dental scanners segment is expected to constitute for a large market share in the global dental laboratories market in 2021, owing to increasing use of scanning system for capturing the oral dental image. Scanners may be used to create precise full-ceramic crowns, veneers, inlays, and occlusal guards, as well as to aid with implant placement. Dental scanners are equipment used in dentistry to capture impressions.
- Among regions, North America is expected to dominate the largest market share in the global dental laboratories market in 2021, owing to owing to well-established healthcare infrastructure, high healthcare expenditure, and rising prevalence of oral cancer. For instance, in March 2020, according to World Health Organization (WHO), Human papillomavirus infections are causing an increasing number of mouth malignancies in young individuals in North America.
- Major players operating in the global dental laboratories market include Envista Holdings Corporation, Dentsply Sirona, A-dec Inc., Straumann AG, Zimmer Biomet, GC Corporation, Ultradent Products Inc., Biohorizons Implants System, Inc., Biolase Technology, Inc., Dentatus Ab, Dentsply International, Inc., Gendex Ltd, Roland, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Planmeca, Septodont Holding, and Voco Gmbh.