4-tert-amyl phenol is used in various applications such as disinfectants, oil drilling, as a vulcanizing agent in the rubber industry, etc. The spread of the COVID-19 globally resulted in measures such as lockdown and cease in economic activities, which has severely impacted the industrial sector in every region. Demand for 4-tert-amylphenol has also collapsed in the oil & gas, rubber, and plastics and polymers industries for a period until governments lift their restrictive policies. The compound 4-tert-amylphenol is a widely used disinfectant belonging to the group of short branched-chain alkylphenols. As per the U.S. Department of Commerce 4- tert-amyl phenol produced in or imported into the U.S. with more than one million pounds per year and can be found in the environment in surface water, sediments, and soil.
4-tert-amylphenols are extensively used in the manufacturing of ethoxylated novolaks, which are used as oil field demulsifiers in oil drilling applications. Rising crude oil and shale gas exploration activities have paved the paths for oil & gas drilling operations, which in turn, has boosted the global 4-tert-Amyl Phenols market growth. For instance, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), in the U.S., around 330 units of crude oil rotary rigs were in operation in June 2016, which increased to 861 units in July 2018. In 2015, the U.S. EIA also stated that the total shale production in the U.S. was 15.2 trillion cubic feet, up by 13.4% from 13.4 trillion cubic feet in 2014.
4-tert-amylphenol is used as a disinfectant in many agricultural applications. Increasing population across the globe is propelling demand for food, which in turn is accelerating growth of the agriculture industry.
4-tert-amylphenol is also used in pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals industry for the formulation of various products and drugs. The demand for chemical intermediates used in mining, foundry, and paints industry has shown a major decline in the recent past. The specialty chemicals utilized in pharmaceutical industry are expected to witness a significant growth in Asia Pacific in the near future, as the world looks out for an alternative API supplier other than China. The 4-tert-Amyl phenol is used in the manufacturing of many specialty chemicals. Thus, growing production of specialty chemicals is expected boost the growth of 4-tert-Amyl phenol market.
However, less awareness about 4-tert-amylphenols in various emerging and underdeveloped countries is expected to restrain the market growth. The lack of universal directives pertaining to the applications of 4-tert-amylphenol is also restraining the market growth.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global 4-tert-amylphenol market, market size (US$ Million), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021-2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global 4-tert-Amyl-Phenol market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include SI Group, Sasol Limited, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., BOC Sciences, Lanxess AG, DeLong Chemicals America, Penta Manufacturing Company, Henan Coreychem Co., Ltd., Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc., Merck KGaA, ACROS Organics (Thermo Fisher Scientific Group), Apollo Scientific Ltd., Spectrum Laboratory Products Inc., Hangzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd., LGC Ltd., Chemwill Asia Co. Ltd., AK Scientific, Inc. and Alfa Aesar
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future products launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global 4-tert-amylphenol market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, cotton pad manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global 4-tert-amylphenol market
- Global 4-tert-amylphenol Market, By End -Use:
- Plastics & Polymer Industry
- Rubber Industry
- Surface Cleaners
- Oil Drilling
- Global 4-tert-amylphenol Market, By Application
- Plastic Additive
- Vulcanizing Agent
- Global 4-tert-amylphenol Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- SI Group *
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Sasol Limited
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- BOC Sciences
- Lanxess AG
- DeLong Chemicals America
- Penta Manufacturing Company
- Henan Coreychem Co., Ltd.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- ACROS Organics (Thermo Fisher Scientific Group)
- Apollo Scientific Ltd.
- Spectrum Laboratory Products Inc.
- Hangzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd.
- LGC Ltd.
- Chemwill Asia Co. Ltd.
- AK Scientific, Inc.
- Alfa Aesar
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.