Cytokines are a category of small proteins important in cell signaling. They are small proteins that are crucial in controlling the growth and activity of other immune system cells and blood cells. Cytokines affect the growth of all blood cells and other cells that help the body's immune and inflammation responses. They are produced in response to invading pathogens to stimulate, recruit, and proliferate immune cells. Cytokines also help boost anti-cancer activity by sending signals that can help make abnormal cells die and normal cells live longer. Moreover, cytokine-based therapies have the potential to provide novel treatments for cancer, autoimmune diseases, and many types of infectious disease.
Increased acceptance in cancer therapy, increase in use of cytokine as a potential biomarker for neonatal sepsis, potential contribution in stem cell therapy, and the outbreak of COVID-19 are some major factors expected to aid in the growth of the global cytokine market.
Cytokines are molecular messengers that allow the cells of the immune system to communicate with one another, to generate a coordinated, robust, but self-limited response to a target antigen. There are two types of cytokines used to treat patients with cancer, such as interferons (INFs) and interleukins (ILs). Thus, with the increase in prevalence of cancer, the adoption of cytokine in cancer therapy is also increasing.
For instance, as per the report from GLOBOCAN 2020, around 2,556,022 people in the United States were affected with cancer and this number is expected to reach 3,316,283 by 2035. The rise in cancer cases is expected to boost the growth of the market.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global cytokine market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global cytokine market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Biocon Limited, Johnson & Johnson, Abbvie Inc., UCB S.A., Astra Zeneca PLC, Sanofi SA, Pfizer Inc., Novartis International AG, Amgen Inc., and GlaxoSmithKline PLC, among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global cytokine market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global cytokine market.
- Global Cytokine Market, By Cytokine Type:
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-TN
- Epidermal Growth Factor-EGF
- Other Cytokine Types
- Global Cytokine Market, By Therapeutic Application:
- Asthma and Airway Inflammation
- Other Therapeutic Applications
- Global Cytokine Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Company Profiles:
- Biocon Limited
- Johnson & Johnson,
- Abbvie Inc.
- UCB S.A.
- Astra Zeneca PLC
- Sanofi SA
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Amgen Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC