A dual-clutch transmission, also known as a dual-throw transmission, is a kind of multi-speed transmission system, which makes use of two separate clutches for even and odd gear selections. The design is very similar to a traditional two-speed manual transmission with their corresponding clutches contained in a single housing, working almost like one. However, the transmission does not separate when transferring power from engine to transmission or vice versa. The clutch is the only part of the transmission that moves, rather than the drive train and engine. The clutch allows the engine to slow down or speed up as needed, providing a smoother, more predictable driving. Dual-clutch transmissions are typically more expensive than other types of automatic transmissions, but many people choose them because they provide users with a quieter and smoother ride, as well as a greater amount of control.
Increasing demand for luxury and high-end vehicles is expected to boost the global dual clutch transmission market growth over the forecast period. With rising disposable income and purchasing power of consumers, the demand for luxury and high-end vehicles has increased significantly. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the gross disposable income of Germany reached around US$ 43,904 per capita in 2019, increasing from US$ 35,492 per capita in 2015. This, in turn, has further increased the demand for dual clutch transmission.
Furthermore, rising import of transmission along with rising local JV operations are expected to accelerate growth of the global dual clutch transmission market during the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the dual clutch transmission market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global dual clutch transmission market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include BorgWarner Inc., AVL, Punch Powertrain, Magna International Inc., Eaton Corporation, Getrag Inc., Ricardo plc, Continental AG, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Schaeffler AG, and Fiat Powertrain Technologies.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global dual clutch transmission market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global dual clutch transmission market
- Global Dual Clutch Transmission Market, By Product Type:
- Global Dual Clutch Transmission Market, By Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Global Dual Clutch Transmission Market, By Region:
- North America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- BorgWarner Inc.,
- Continental AG
- Eaton Corporation
- Getrag Inc.
- Fiat Powertrain Technologies
- Magna International Inc.
- Punch Powertrain
- Ricardo plc
- Schaeffler AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
*Browse all the market data tables and figures on “Global Dual Clutch Transmission Market- Forecast to 2028”