Insulin is a pharmaceutical preparation used to control high blood glucose (blood sugar level). It is used to control blood sugar in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. People with diabetes require insulin as part of their treatment. It works by helping move sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is used for energy. Thus, with the increase in prevalence of diabetes, the demand for insulin drugs is also increasing worldwide.
Increasing incidence of diabetes, increase in demand for human insulin drugs, rise in awareness among people about insulin, increase in focus on the development of novel drugs, increase in adoption of biosimilars, and favorable government policies are major factors expected to drive growth of the global human insulin drug market.
In January 2022, Novo Nordisk announced the launch of oral semaglutide in India to treat type 2 diabetes. Oral semaglutide, a glucagon-like peptide (GLP-1) receptor analogue molecule, is a promising addition to diabetes treatment. Moreover, in August 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approved an expanded label for Eli Lilly and Company's rapid-acting insulin, Lyumjev (insulin lispro-aabc injection) 100 units/mL indicated to improve glycemic control in individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, to include administration via continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion with an insulin pump.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global human insulin drug market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global human insulin drug market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Wockhardt, SEDICO, Exir, Julphar, Biocon, Eli Lilly, Sanofi Aventis, and Novo Nordisk AS, among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global human insulin drug market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global human insulin drug market.
- Global Human Insulin Drug Market, By Product Type:
- Human Insulin
- Basal Insulin
- Bolus Insulin
- Insulin Combinations
- Biosimilar Insulins
- Global Human Insulin Drug Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Company Profiles:
- Eli Lilly
- Sanofi Aventis
- Novo Nordisk AS