Capnography is the process of extensive measurement and display of concentrations or partial pressures of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the respiratory gases by using a capnograph. It accurately measure the levels of carbon dioxide released into the bloodstream. The readings are presented as a graph of expiratory CO2 plotted against time or expired volume called as capnogram. A capnogram is direct monitoring of inhaled and exhaled concentrations of CO2 and an indirect monitoring of CO2 in arterial blood. There is a very small difference in pressure between arterial blood and exhaled CO2 among healthy individuals. On the other hand, a large difference between arterial blood and exhaled gas, sometimes exceeding 1kPa, is observed in people suffering from various forms of lung diseases and some forms of congenital heart diseases. Capnography majorly depicts all the three components of respiration: metabolism, transport, and ventilation and therefore gives an excellent picture of the respiratory process. This is a major help for people who suffer from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as it will help in proper patient monitoring and take further medications accordingly. Smaller capnography devices that facilitate portability and device performance have been introduced. Also, among the latest devices launched is a microstream capnography, which has several advantages over the conventional capnography devices. For instance, these can be used on neonatal population and on individuals after a surgery.
Restraints of the Latin America Capnography Equipment Market
The conventional capnography devices have limitations in terms of power, size, weight and ease to use which is a factor hampering growth of the market, especially in emerging regions.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the Latin America capnography equipment market and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2019–2027), considering 2018, as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the Latin America capnography equipment market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Masimo Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., Nihon Kohden Corporation, Nonin Medical, Inc., Philips Healthcare, Smiths Medical, and Welch Allyn, Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The Latin America capnography equipment market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the market.
- Latin America Capnography Equipment Market, By Product Type:
- Mainstream Capnographs
- Side stream Capnographs
- Microstream Capnographs
- Latin America Capnography Equipment Market, By Application:
- Procedural Sedation
- Diagnosis and Monitoring of Patients
- Latin America Capnography Equipment Market, By End User:
- Operating Room
- Emergency Rooms
- Post-anesthesia Care Unit
- General Care Floor
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Latin America Capnography Equipment Market, By Country:
- Rest of Latin America
- Company Profiles
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA *
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Masimo Corporation
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Nonin Medical, Inc.
- Philips Healthcare
- Smiths Medical
- Welch Allyn, Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.