Metoprolol Tartrate is a selective β1 receptor blocker medication that is designed for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, as it works as slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body. It is used for treating high blood pressure issues, chest pain due to low blood circulation to the heart, and abnormal heart rate. Metoprolol Tartrate is mostly used in the treatment of Angina pectoris, Cardiac arrhythmias, and thyrotoxicosis. Metoprolol Tartrate is available in two types of formulations including oral and injectable. The generic form of Metoprolol Tartrate is Lopressor. Metoprolol comes in form of immediate-release tablets which are designed to disintegrate and release medicine and extended-release tablets and it is prescribed medicine only.
Increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases in various region is expected to drive the global metoprolol tartrate market over the forecast period. For instance, in August 2021, European statistics published data on cardiovascular diseases, stating that in the year 2019, approximately 45,400 bypass surgeries were conducted in Germany. Moreover, in the year 2016, 1.68 million deaths occurred due to cardiovascular diseases in the Europe region. The same data on prevalence of cardiovascular diseases reported that high blood pressure increased in age group from 25 to 34 years and that around 3.4% of the population between this age group in Europe was reported to have hypertensive diseases. Furthermore, more than 54.6% population of hypertension diseases were aged 75 years or older, which is expected to drive demand for metoprolol tartrate in upcoming years.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global metoprolol tartrate market, and provides market size (US$ Mn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2022–2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global metoprolol tartrate market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., AstraZeneca Pharma India Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Mylan N.V., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc., CTX Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited, Aurobindo Pharma USA, Sandoz Canada Inc., Apotex Inc., Ipca Laboratories Ltd, and Rubicon Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global metoprolol tartrate market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have an ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global metoprolol tartrate market.
- Global Metoprolol Tartrate Market, by Route of administration:
- Global Metoprolol Tartrate Market, by Application:
- Global Metoprolol Tartrate Market, by Distribution Channel:
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Company Profiles
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc.*
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- AstraZeneca Pharma India Limited
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
- Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc.
- CTX Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Aurobindo Pharma USA
- Sandoz Canada Inc.
- Apotex Inc.
- Ipca Laboratories Ltd
- Rubicon Research Pvt. Ltd.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.