Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a group of inherited red blood cell disorders, in which the red blood cells of the individuals become sticky and almost ‘C’ or curved in the shape and therefore the disease is known as sickle cell disease. The sickle cell diseases include sickle cell anemia, sickle cell beta- thalassemia, sickle Hemoglobin C Disease, and others. The various symptoms associated with the sickle cell diseases include anemia, episodes of pain, swelling of hands and feet, and others. Major side effects of hydroxyurea on the long-term treatment in patients suffering from sickle cell disease are gastrointestinal effects such as gastric distress, gastritis, mucositis, and oral mucosa ulcer, dermatological effects such as painful skin ulcers, aphthous ulcers, non-ulcerative toxicity with erythema, and skin infiltration, it can also decrease sperm count and sperm motility in males and can even cause severe interstitial pneumonia. The treatment of the sickle cell disease includes medications and blood transfusions. In some cases of the children and teenagers, a stem cell transplant might also cure the disease.
The increasing product approvals by key players for the treatment of sickle cell disease is expected to drive the growth of the North America sickle cell disease market over the forecast period. For instance, in May 2021, Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A., a pharmaceutical company, announced that the company had received the U.S. Food Drug and Administration approval for FERRIPROX (deferiprone) indicated for the treatment of transfusional iron overload due to sickle cell disease (SCD) and anemia in pediatric patients of three years old or older and adults.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the North America sickle cell disease market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the North America sickle cell disease market based on the following parameters – company highlights, types portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and market strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Novartis International AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Bluebird Bio, Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc., ADDMEDICA, Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., Acceleron Pharma, Inc., Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A., Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Imara, Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The North America sickle cell disease market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the North America sickle cell disease market
- North America Sickle Cell Disease Market, By Disease Type:
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Sickle Beta Thalassemia
- Sickle Hemoglobin C Disease
- North America Sickle Cell Disease Market, By Drug Type:
- North America Sickle Cell Disease Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America Sickle Cell Disease Market, By Country:
- Company Profiles
- Novartis International AG
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Market Strategies
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Bluebird Bio
- Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc.
- Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Acceleron Pharma, Inc.
- Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Imara, Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.