Analgesics are medicines that are used to relieve pain. They are also known as painkillers or pain relievers. These are a class of medicines designed specifically to relieve pain. They include several classes of drugs (such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, acetaminophen, antiepileptics, antidepressants, opioids, and local anesthetics).
Rise in prevalence chronic diseases, increase in adoption of OTC analgesics or rise in consumption of OTC analgesics, rise in geriatric population, and rise in demand for narcotics analgesic drugs are major factors expected to drive growth of the global over the counter (OTC) analgesics market.
For instance, in December 2021, Heron Therapeutics, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved its supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for ZYNRELEF (bupivacaine and meloxicam) extended-release solution to significantly expand the indication.
Moreover, in July 2021, Heron Therapeutics announced the commercial launch and availability of ZYNRELEF in the U.S. for the management of postoperative pain for up to 72 hours.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the over the counter (OTC) analgesics market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global over the counter (OTC) analgesics market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Sanofi SA, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Pfizer Inc., Mylan NV, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, Takeda Pharmaceutical, and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global over the counter (OTC) analgesics market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global over the counter (OTC) analgesics market.
- Global Over the Counter (OTC) Analgesics Market, By Type of Drug:
- Nonsteroidal Anti- inflammatory Drug (NSAIDs)
- Other Analgesics
- Global Over the Counter (OTC) Analgesics Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Others Distribution Channels
- Global Over the Counter (OTC) Analgesics Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles:
- Sanofi SA
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan NV
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bayer AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.