A passive optical network (PON) is a form of fiber-optic communications technology offering broadband communication to end-users. Its architecture involves a point-to-point multipoint topology where a single optical fiber serves multiple end-points by the use of multiple unpower-driven (passive) fibers optic splitters. The term 'passive' was coined to represent this structure's ability to utilize the existing power distribution in the network, without requiring any form of active equipment. Unlike other forms of optical networking whereby optical fibers are deployed as active devices, the use of such a system enables providers to implement low cost, high quality optical networks with passive optical fibers.
Increasing demand for internet-connected devices and services is expected to propel growth of the global passive optical LAN (POL) market. For instance, in February 2021, Nokia and Vodafone trialed Passive Optical Network, a new fiber optic technology that would allow speeds up to 100 Gb/s on a single wavelength.
Major players operating in the global passive optical LAN (POL) market are focused on launching new products to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in October 2020, Tellabs, the provider of PON solutions, announced successful completion of Department of Defense Joint Interoperability Test Command testing for Tellabs OLAN System Release 31.3 (SR31.3), including the 10-gigabit XGS-PON Tellabs FlexSym Optical Network Terminal 248 (ONT248) and Tellabs FlexSym Optical Network Terminal 205 (ONT205).
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global passive optical LAN (POL) market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global passive optical LAN (POL) market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include 3M Company, Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., Adtran, Inc., Ericsson, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Broadcom Corporation, Inc., and AT&T Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global passive optical LAN (POL) market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global passive optical LAN (POL) market
- Global Passive Optical LAN (POL) Market, By Component:
- Optical cables
- Optical couplers
- Optical power splitters
- Optical encoders
- Patch cords and pigtails
- Optical connectors
- Optical amplifiers
- Optical transceivers
- Fixed and variable optical attenuators
- Optical circulators
- Wavelength Division Multiplexers/De-multiplexers
- Optical filters
- Global Passive Optical LAN (POL) Market, By Application:
- Loop feeder
- Fiber In The Loop (FITL)
- Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
- Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial Cable (HFC)
- Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) systems
- Global Passive Optical LAN (POL) Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
- 3M Company *
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
- Adtran, Inc.
- Ericsson, Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation, Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
*Browse all the market data tables and figures on “Global Passive Optical LAN (POL) Market- Forecast to 2028”