Posterior segment eye disease (PSED) is commonly defined as diseases of the retina, choroid & optic nerve and primarily include glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and diabetic retinopathy (DR). The therapeutic devices are primarily used in the treatment of the posterior segment eye disorders.
Increase in burden of posterior segment eye disorders, increase in prevalence of diabetes, increase in geriatric population, rise in demand for safe and effective treatments, and increase in research and development activities are major factors expected to propel the growth of the global posterior segment eye disorders market over the forecast period.
For instance, in December 2021, AbbVie Inc. (Allergan) received the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for VUITY (pilocarpine HCl ophthalmic solution) 1.25% to treat presbyopia and be available by prescription in pharmacies in the U.S.
Moreover, in June 2020, Senju Pharmaceutical and Otsuka Pharmaceuticals announced the launch of a new combination ophthalmic solution for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension, AILAMIDE Combination Ophthalmic Suspension, in Japan.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global posterior segment eye disorders market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global posterior segment eye disorders market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, AbbVie Inc (Allergan), Alcon Inc., Bausch Health Companies Inc., Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Second Sight Medical Products Inc., Rainbow Medical Ltd (Nano Retina), and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global posterior segment eye disorders market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global posterior segment eye disorders market.
- Global Posterior Segment Eye Disorders Market, By Product:
- Global Posterior Segment Eye Disorders Market, By Application:
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Other Applications
- Global Posterior Segment Eye Disorders Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Company Profiles:
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- AbbVie Inc (Allergan)
- Alcon Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Second Sight Medical Products Inc.
- Rainbow Medical Ltd (Nano Retina)
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.