Pulse oximeters are noninvasive devices widely used in clinical situations to monitor the oxygenation of blood. Several types of probes are commonly used, such as a nasal clip, finger clip,foot, ears or forehead sticker. The operating principle of pulse oximeter involves, the oxygen binding capacity to hemoglobin (O2Hb) that absorbs more near-IR light and give immediate results. It mainly measures the oxygen levels in peripheral blood. This device is recommended to people experiencing cardiac disorders, shortness of breath or having a Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Pulse oximeter does not require blood sample and provides fast results. Pulse oximeters are classified into two types according to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) namely prescription pulse oximeter and over-the-counter pulse oximeter. On the basis of sensor, pulse oximeters are of three different types, disposable sensor pulse oximeter, reusable sensor pulse oximeter, and reprocesses sensor pulse oximeter.
Pulse oximeters have several advantages such as it alerts the individual about extremely low oxygen levels, provides rapid response, portable nature, and doesn’t require any specific training among others. Furthermore, it is classified as class II devices by U.S. Food and Drug Administration and reviewed by cardiovascular panel.
Pulse oximeter companies have adopted inorganic growth strategies such as partnership in order to expand their product portfolio and strengthen their position in market. In July 2020, Welch Allyn, a subsidiary of Hill-Rom Services Inc., partnered with Nonin Medical, a company designing and manufacturing noninvasive pulse oximeters, to offer its clinically-proven PureSAT SpO2 technology to Welch Allyn. This partnership will help the company expand its product portfolio.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global pulse oximeter market , and provides market size (US$ Mn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2022–2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global pulse oximeters market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Masimo, Medtronic Plc, Nihon-Kohden Corporation, GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Hill-Rom Services, Inc., Smiths Medical, Nonin, MICROTEK, OSI Systems, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Promed Technology Co., Ltd., Beurer, Contec Medical Systems Co., Ltd., ChoiceMMed, CONMED Corporation, Stryker, Medline Industries, Inc., Curbell Medical Products, Inc., and Ecomed
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global pulse oximeters market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the Global Pulse Oximeters Market`
- Global Pulse Oximeter Market, By Product Type:
- Table-top/Bedside Pulse Oximeters
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- Wrist-worn Pulse Oximeter
- Handheld Pulse Oximeter
- Global Pulse Oximeters Market, By Sensor Type:
- Disposable Sensor Pulse Oximeter
- Reusable Sensor Pulse Oximeter
- Reprocessed Sensor Pulse Oximeter
- Global Pulse Oximeters Market, By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Homecare Settings
- Other End User
- Global Pulse Oximeters Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- By Country
- Rest of Latin America
- By Country
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- By Country/Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- By Country/Region
- Rest of Middle East
- By Region/Country
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- Company Profiles
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Medtronic Plc
- Nihon-Kohden Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- Hill-Rom Services, Inc.
- Smiths Medical
- OSI Systems, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Promed Technology Co., Ltd.
- Contec Medical Systems Co., Ltd.
- CONMED Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Curbell Medical Products, Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.