Rabies antiserum is used to protect people who have been exposed to a potentially rabid animal. Rabies is a serious, almost always fatal disease that spreads from the saliva (spit) of an infected animal through a bite or scratch to humans and other animals. It can be prevented by getting immediate medical care and immunization after the exposure. It is recommended that travelers to high risk areas have a pre-exposure rabies vaccine series and be prepared with post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) in case they are bitten or scratched by an infected animal. There are two types of rabies immunoglobulin available; human rabies immunoglobulin (HRIG) and equine rabies immunoglobulin (ERIG). HRIG is preferable when it is available, but if it is not, ERIG will be effective in neutralizing the rabies virus.
The need to prevent rabies and the rising incidence of dog bites are expected to support growth of the rabies antiserum market. Additionally, the growing awareness regarding rabies vaccinations is also expected to propel growth of the market. Moreover, technological advancements and changing consumer behavior are other major factors expected to drive growth of the market over the forecast period.
On the other hand, lack of awareness regarding the advanced technology is expected to restrict the market growth.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global rabies antiserum market, and provides market size (US$ Billion) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023–2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global rabies antiserum market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include CSL Behring, Sanofi Pasteur, Grifols S.A., Bharat Serum and Vaccines Ltd., Novartis AG, Kedrion Biopharma Inc., Biogenesis Bago SA, MassBiologics, Serum Institute of India Ltd., Green Cross Corp., Haffkine, Bio-Pharmaceutical Corporation Ltd., Shanghai Institute of Biological Products Co. Ltd., CNBG (China National Biotec Group) Co. Ltd., Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd., and Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co. Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global rabies antiserum market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global rabies antiserum market
- Global Rabies Antiserum Market, By Product Type
- Human Rabies Immunoglobulin (HRIG)
- Equine Rabies Immunoglobulin (ERIG)
- Global Rabies Antiserum Market, By Application
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Global Rabies Antiserum Market, By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Rabies Antiserum Market, By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- CSL Behring
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Grifols S.A.
- Bharat Serum and Vaccines Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Kedrion Biopharma Inc.
- Biogenesis Bago SA
- Serum Institute of India Ltd.
- Green Cross Corp.
- Haffkine Bio-Pharmaceutical Corporation Ltd.
- Shanghai Institute of Biological Products Co. Ltd.
- CNBG (China National Biotec Group) Co. Ltd.
- Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd.
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co. Ltd.