Copper-clad steel (CCS), commonly known as copper-covered steel or by the trademarked name Copperweld, is a bi-metallic product mostly used in the wire industry. It combines steel's excellent mechanical resistance with copper's conductivity and corrosion resistance. The applications of CCS include motors and magnetic assemblies, specialty resistors and capacitors, and intelligent temperature and pressure measuring instrumentations.
Copper clad steel wire is a potential alternative to solid copper-based wires. The scrap value of copper clad steel wire is lower than solid copper wire, which offers theft resistance. This, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for copper clad steel wire in the U.S. over the forecast period.
Electricity demand is increasing in the U.S. owing to rising population, which is expected to boost the demand for CCS wire over the forecast period. For instance, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration data, total U.S. retail electricity sales to end-use customers was 3,802 billion kWh (3.8 trillion kWh) in 2018 which was about 79 billion kWh more than that in 2017. In the U.S., the sales of electricity to residential customers was 1,464 billion kWh which was 39% share of total sales in 2018, commercial sector accounted for 1,377 billion kWh (36%), industrial sector accounted for 953 billion kWh (25%), and transportation accounted for 8 billion kWh (0.2%).
The growing use of fiber-optic cables in the telecommunications industry is expected to put a limitation on the growth of the U.S. copper clad steel wire market. Optical fiber has advantages over copper wire in long-distance, high-bandwidth applications due to lower attenuation and interference in telecommunication industry. Therefore, the availability of substitutes is expected to restrain the U.S. copper clad steel wire market growth over the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. copper clad steel wire market, market size (US$ Million and KT), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the U.S. copper clad steel wire market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study, include Copperhead Industries, LLC, American Wire Group, Inc., Nehring Electrical Works Company, Kris-Tech Wire, MWS Wire Industries Inc., AFL, LEONI Wire Inc., Fisk Alloy Inc., and Elecref Industries Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The U.S. copper clad steel wire market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the U.S. copper clad steel wire market
- U.S. copper clad steel wire market, By Product Type:
- Copperclad Dead Soft Annealed (DSA) Steel Wire
- Copperclad Jacketed Steel Wire
- Copperclad Composite Conductors (CCC)
- Copperclad Wire-high Strength (HS) and Extra High Strength (EHS)
- Others (Copperclad Type M Guy Wire, etc.)
- U.S. copper clad steel wire market, By Bimetallic Wire Type
- Low Carbon Steel Wire (LCSW)
- High Carbon Steel Wire (HCSW)
- U.S. copper clad steel wire market, By Application:
- Grounding Conductors for Primary Surge Arresters
- Power Installation
- Others (Lightning Arrester, etc.)
- U.S. copper clad steel wire market, By End-Use Industry:
- Power Generation
- Electrical and Electronics
- Building and Construction
- Others (Aerospace, etc.)
- Company Profiles
- Copperhead Industries, LLC*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- American Wire Group, Inc.
- Nehring Electrical Works Company
- Kris-Tech Wire
- MWS Wire Industries Inc.
- LEONI Wire Inc.
- Fisk Alloy Inc.
- Elecref Industries Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective.