Vascular embolization refers to the passage and lodging of an embolus within the bloodstream. It is a minimally invasive treatment that blocks one or more blood vessels or abnormal vascular channels. Vascular embolization agents are used to acutely stop flow in blood vessel or vascular area by the means of mechanical occlusion. These agents are released into the blood through a catheter to biologically or mechanically occlude the target vessel; permanently or temporarily. High success rate, rare use of anesthetics, faster recovery time, minimal risk of infection, and no scarring are some features of vascular embolization agents. Embolization is a common and effective procedure in interventional radiology. It is an alternative to open surgery.
Increasing number of clinical trials and increase in research and development is expected to augment the growth of the global vascular embolization market during the forecast period. For instance, in March 2021, Instylla Inc. reported the enrollment of the first patients in the pivotal Embrace Hydrogel Embolic System (HES) global randomized clinical trial for the treatment of hypervascular tumors.
In March 2022, Instylla announced the publication of results from the first-in-human clinical trial of Embrace Hydrogel Embolic System (HES) for the treatment of hypervascular tumors, in the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (JVIR). The study demonstrated that HES effectively embolized malignant & benign hypervascular tumors by blocking tumor blood supply with technical success and persistent embolization, as noted in imaging follow-up at 30-days, in all eight patients treated on this study.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global vascular embolization market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global vascular embolization market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Shape Memory Medical Inc., Terumo Corp, Abbott Laboratories, Stryker Corporation, Cook Medical, Medtronic PLC, Merit Medical Systems Inc., Penumbra Inc., Johnson and Johnson (Cerenovus), and Boston Scientific Corporation, among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global vascular embolization market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global vascular embolization market.
- Global Vascular Embolization Market, By Embolization Technique:
- Coiling Devices
- Non-coiling Devices
- Global Vascular Embolization Market, By Application:
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Other Applications
- Global Vascular Embolization Market, By Geography:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa