The Global activation analysis market was valued at US$ 273.7 Mn in 2021, according to the Global Activation Analysis Market Report, by method type (Instrumental Neutron Activation (INAA), Radiochemical Neutron Activation (RNAA), Epithermal Neutron Activation (ENAA), Prompt – gamma Neutron Activation Analysis (PGNAA), Fast Neutron Activation Analysis (FNAA) and Others), by application (Archaeology, Soil Science, Geology, Forensics and Semiconductor industry) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The Global Activation Analysis Market was valued at US$ 273.7 Mn in terms of revenue in 2021 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period (2022 to 2030).
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 22 market data tables* and 18 figures* on “Global Activation Analysis Market” - Forecast to 2030.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Activation Analysis Market:
- Key benefits associated with fast neutron activation analysis (FNAA) includes rapid analysis, non-destructiveness, small sample size, and cost effectiveness. FNAA is a rapid, non-destructive technique that is used in the analysis of light elements such as nitrogen and oxygen which are often difficult to determine by other analytical techniques. The technique is fast, accurate, and non-hazardous in analyzing elements in explosives and propellants compared to a number of chemical methods which are time consuming, less accurate, suitable for single elemental analysis, and do not measure oxygen directly.
- For Instance, In February, EDAX, LLC, is a provider of X-ray microanalysis and electron diffraction instrumentation, has added the Clarity Super to its Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD) product line. The Clarity EBSD Detector Series is the first commercially available direct detector system designed for EBSD applications. The series includes the original Clarity, now called the Clarity Plus, and the new Clarity Super. EDAX LLC is a part of AMETEK.inc
Key Takeaways of the Global Activation Analysis Market:
The global activation analysis market was valued at US$ 273.7 Mn in 2021 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 415 Million by 2030 at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2022 and 2030.
Among Application, Semiconductor industry held dominant position in the global activation analysis market in 2021, accounting for 29% share in terms of value, it is used to create standards in the semiconductor industry. Semiconductors require a high level of purity.
- Increasing demand for bulk liquids is expected to fuel the global activation analysis market in future. Fast Neutron Activation Analysis (FNAA) is used to analyse oxygen in combustion products formed in a modern gasoline SI (spark-ignition) engine and measure on-line the amount of oxygen in bulk liquids. For instance, according to the data published by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), in 2021, global crude and liquids production is anticipated to witness significant growth in the second half of 2022 and 2023. Henceforth, all the above mentioned factors are anticipated to create lucrative growth opportunities for the global activation analysis market over the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global Activation Analysis market include, Advance Research Instruments Co., AMETEK, Inc., Elemental Analysis, Inc., Frontier Technology Corporation, Malvern Panalytical Ltd., Nucleonix Systems, Realtime Group Limited, and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- These players are constantly engaged in agreements, mergers, acquisitions and partnership to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, in April 2019, DKSH Business Unit Technology, a market expansion services provider and Bruker AXS, global developer and manufacturer of analytical X-ray systems for elemental analysis, signed an exclusive distribution agreement in China. DKSH provided marketing and sales, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services in China for the Bruker products.
By Method Type
- Instrumental Neutron Activation (INAA)
- Radiochemical Neutron Activation (RNAA)
- Epithermal Neutron Activation (ENAA)
- Prompt – gamma Neutron Activation Analysis (PGNAA)
- Fast Neutron Activation Analysis (FNAA)
- Soil Science
- Semiconductor industry
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Global Activation Analysis Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
In 2020 and 2021, the global economy was affected by the coronavirus pandemic, as governments across the globe imposed lockdown measures to curb the movement of people. Due to these lockdowns, industrial activities halted and international travel was ceased. These measures took a significant toll on almost all industrial as well as material testing/analysis industry sectors. Factories and manufacturing facilities also faced supply chain breakdowns and labor shortages.
However, increasing demand for medical devices in the wake of COVID-19 is expected to drive the growth of the material testing/analysis industry as well as the global activation analysis market. Additionally, since activation analysis is used in biomedicine due to which the global activation analysis market will witness a huge surge over the forecast period. This factor is anticipated to propel the global activation analysis market growth over the forecast period.