Global Bacterial Filters Market, by Device Type (Reusable and Disposable), by Application (Water Purification and Air Purification), by Technology (Microfiltration, Ultrafiltration, Nanofiltration, and Others), by End User (Hospitals, Water Purification Industry, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) is estimated to be valued at US$ 2,840.8 Million in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2023-2030), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Key market players are focused on adopting growth strategies such as product launch, which will drive the global bacterial filters market over the forecast period. For instance, in May 2022, Sharp, a wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Sharp Corporation, Japan, had launched its newly designed water purifier WJ-R515V-H for the Indian market. The new smart and intelligent water purifier from Sharp uses a powerful and durable 6 stage filtration process. Further, it is designed to purify water with variety of impurities and sources.
Global Bacterial Filters Market– Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The World Health Organization (WHO) designated the illness caused by the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which first appeared in Wuhan (province of Hubei, China) in the last months of 2019 as "coronavirus disease 2019" or COVID-19. This virus spread quickly and had a serious negative impact on the economies, social behaviors, and healthcare of every country in the world.
COVID-19 affected the economy in three main ways: by directly affecting production and demand, by creating disruptions in distribution channels, and through its financial impact on firms and financial markets. Due to the lockdown, several countries such as India, China, Brazil, and others faced problems with regard to the transportation of drugs from one place to another.
COVID-19 had a positive impact on the global bacterial filters market. For instance, on May 28 2020, according to an article in the International filtration News, an article discussing the potential for filtration technology to protect against the spread of airborne viruses such as COVID-19. Experts in the filtration industry discuss the challenges and opportunities for developing new filters materials that can remove and inactivate viruses, as well as the need for portable air filtration units and the removal of gaseous pollutants from the air.
Global Bacterial Filters Market: Key Developments
Additionally, acquisitions, partnerships as well as awareness related to the bacterial growth to promote bacterial filters are expected to boost market growth during the forecast period. For instance, in February 2022, Micronics Engineered Filtration Group, Inc., a global provider of customized engineered filtration solutions, announced strategic acquisition of trusted filtration industry manufacturer, National Filter Media (NFM) Corporation, a manufacturer of air pollution control and liquid filtration products. The strategic acquisition of National Filter Media significantly expands Micronics’ portfolio of engineered filtration solutions to better serve customers’ advanced filtration needs.
Donaldson Company, Inc., a worldwide provider of innovative filtration products and solutions, announced it acquired Solaris Biotechnology Srl, an Italian company designs and manufactures bioprocessing equipment, including bioreactors, fermenters and tangential flow filtration systems for use in food and beverage, biotechnology and other life sciences markets. Solaris’ product portfolio ranges from benchtop systems for research and development to pilot and commercial-scale manufacturing systems.
In May 2020, Filtration Group, an affiliate of Madison Industries, announced the acquisition of Oxyphen, an innovator in track-etched membranes. As part of the Filtration Group family, Oxyphen had strengthened its ability to partner with customers in life science, consumer and industrial markets with its customized membrane solutions. Track-etched membrane is a high-precision manufactured film used in critical applications for life science, automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Oxyphen’s track-etched membrane solutions complement the already extensive porous product offering and manufacturing capability within Filtration Group’s POREX business.
Browse 30 Market Data Tables and 23 Figures spread through 155 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Global Bacterial Filters Market”- Forecast to 2030, Global Bacterial Filters Market, by Device Type (Reusable and Disposable), by Application (Water Purification and Air Purification), by Technology (Microfiltration, Ultrafiltration, Nanofiltration, and Others), by End User (Hospitals, Water Purification Industry, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Global Bacterial Filters Market:
- The global bacterial filters market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period. The merger with emerging economies offers lucrative growth opportunities for players in the global bacterial filters market. The spread of water purification as well as air purification technologies has been driven by high public awareness in developed economies such as the U.S. and Europe.
- Among application, the air purification segment is expected to growth in the global bacterial filters segment over the forecast period. For instance, in August 2020, UFI Filters, a global filtration technology and thermal management company, had launched SOFIMA D+FEND Anti-virus cabin air filter for cars. The company claims that the SOFIMA D+FEND anti-virus cabin air filter has the ability to kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria and viruses such as SARS-COV (Coronavirus). The product is composed of a non-woven fabric filter media which incorporates silver ions in addition to copper ions.
- Among device type, the reusable is expected to hold a dominant position in the global bacterial filters market during the forecast period. For instance, in august 2020, Samsung, an electronic company launched New Range of Wind-Free ACs with India’s first PM 1.0 Filters That Also Sterilizes Virus & Bacteria. Equipped with PM 1.0 Filters, the new range of Wi-Fi enabled ACs not only provide clean and breathable air but also come with Samsung’s proprietary Wind-Free cooling technology that delivers cooler indoor climate and optimal energy efficiency without the discomfort of direct cold airflow.
- Among region, North America is expected to be the dominant region in the global bacterial filters market, owing to the increasing launch of products. For instance, on March 9 2023, UK Biotech Company CodiKoat, a manufacturing company that develops products using nanotechnology to inactivate viruses and bacteria launched advanced HEPA Filters that kills viruses, bacteria & fungi in seconds. UK Biotech Company CodiKoat have launched a groundbreaking new antimicrobial and antiviral air filters alongside leading ventilation specialists Vent-Axia.
- Major players operating in the global bacterial filters market include General Electric Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Medtronic, Plc., Teleflex Incorporated, A-M Systems, LLC., Danaher Corporation, Aqua free GmbH, and Sunmed.