3D scanning is a technique that captures and analyses real world objects. It is used in a wide range of fields. This technology is also gaining traction in the gaming industry, which is seeing rapid advancement. Many of the most common types of 3D scanners work with software that creates digital models of the object being scanned. This includes Geomagic, Rhino 3D, and Imageware. These software programs can export NURBS surfaces and allow user to edit the model inside SolidWorks. Other software programs may include a dedicated reverse-engineering program that can analyze the data and process it into CAD or other software.
The growing adoption of the IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) is expected to boost growth of the global 3D scanning market over the forecast period. The IIoT enables manufacturers to manage large volumes of plant floor data and use analytics to improve their product quality. The emergence of wearable technology as an auxiliary to manufacturing processes is an emerging trend in the market.
However, high cost of the devices is a major factor expected to obstruct growth of the global 3D scanning market over the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global 3D scanning market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023–2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global 3D scanning market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Trimble Inc., 3D Systems Inc., ShapeGrabber Inc., Creaform, Hexagon AB, GOM, 3D Digital Corp, Faro Technologies Inc., Autodesk, Inc., Topcon Corporation, and Maptek Pty Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global 3D scanning market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global 3D scanning market
- Global 3D Scanning Market, By Type
- Global 3D Scanning Market, By Range
- Short Range
- Medium Range
- Long Range
- Global 3D Scanning Market, By Application
- Reverse Engineering
- Rapid Prototyping
- Quality Control/Inspection
- Face and Body Scanning
- Digital Modeling
- Global 3D Scanning Market, By End user Vertical
- Aerospace and Defense
- Entertainment and Media
- Architecture and Construction
- Other End user Verticals
- Global 3D Scanning Market, By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East &Africa
- Company Profiles
- 3D Systems Inc.
- Faro Technologies Inc.
- Topcon Corporation
- Maptek Pty Ltd
- Autodesk, Inc.
- 3D Digital Corp
- Hexagon AB
- ShapeGrabber Inc.
- Trimble Inc.