Bioactive materials have many different uses, including tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, and wound repair. They can also have applications in cancer therapy and gene therapy. However, they also have limitations. For instance, they may be ineffective at wound healing. In order to improve these materials, there is a need to develop new bioactive materials and better understanding of mechanisms of their effectiveness. Many biomaterials are designed to exert a strong influence on the activity of a target cell or a tissue. For example, an implant that releases calcium ions, such as in calcium phosphate-based materials, can influence the behavior of a target cell or tissue. Another strategy is to use chemical anti-inflammatory agents that exert surface-modulated biological effects.
Bioactive materials are used in a wide variety of medical applications. These materials are used for implanting, restoring, and regenerating tissue. They are also used in manufacturing antibacterial products and cosmetics. Moreover, the increasing usage of bioactive materials in dentistry applications is expected to boost the market growth. Furthermore, a rapid growth in the number of dental treatments is further expected to drive the demand for orthopedic surgical treatments.
On the other hand, high cost of bioactive material is expected to hamper market growth.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global bioactive materials market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023–2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global bioactive materials market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Arthrex Inc, Bioactive Bone Substitutes OyJ, Biomatlante, DSM, Cam Bioceramics, Ceraver, DePuy Synthes (Johnson and Johnson), Medtronic Inc., Noraker, Pulpdent Corporation, Septodont Holding, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Holdings Inc, Collagen Matrix Inc., OSARTIS GmbHm, Evonik Industries AG, and Boston Scientific Corporation
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global bioactive materials market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global bioactive materials market
- Global Bioactive Materials Market, By Material Type
- Bioactive Glass
- Bioactive Ceramics
- Bioactive Composites
- Other Material Types
- Global Bioactive Materials Market, By Application
- Dental Care
- Nanomedicines and Biotechnology
- Other Applications
- Global Bioactive Materials Market, Geography
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- Arthrex Inc
- Bioactive Bone Substitutes OyJ
- Cam Bioceramics
- DePuy Synthes (Johnson and Johnson)
- Medtronic Inc.
- Pulpdent Corporation
- Septodont Holding
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Holdings Inc
- Collagen Matrix Inc.
- OSARTIS GmbH
- Evonik Industries AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation