Breathing battery is battery which generates electricity through the lithium oxidation process. As compared to standard lithium-ion batteries, the breathing battery combines the benefits of both lithium and oxygen, providing approximately 5 to 20 times the specific energy and over 3 times the power. The breathing battery market is increasing due to the use of breathing batteries in automotive, medical, defence & military, electronics and other industries. Moreover, breathing battery have the capacity to hold more than 40 times the charge of a standard Li-Ion battery of comparable weight. . In breathing batteries the cathode is oxygen and anode is made up of lithium. During charging and discharging, lithium ions move back and placed between the two electrodes, sending electrons around the external circuit to power a device.
The lithium-air battery market is projected to record a CAGR of more than 8.4% during the forecast period. Various factors such as increasing growth in renewable energy sources such as solar energy, wind energy and others and increased demand for devices for energy storage are driving the growth of global breathing battery market.
Moreover such breathing battery are widely use in electrical cars, as the increasing demand of breathing battery in electrical cars is driving the growth of global breathing battery market. For instance IBM, U.S.-based multinational technology company launched its new breakthrough air-breathing battery fit for an electric car. The range of air breathing battery is about 500-mile and it is approximately five times the range of current electric cars on the market today.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of global breathing battery market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022– 2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by the leading market players
- It profiles leading players in the global breathing battery market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, market capital, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Companies covered as a part of this study IBM Corporation, Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc., PolyPlus Battery Company, Panasonic, Tesla, Fuji Pigment, and Breathe Battery Technologies Limited.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decisions regarding future product launches, product upgrades, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global breathing battery market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, managed service providers, third-party service providers, distributors, new entrants, and value-added resellers
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global breathing battery market.
- Global Breathing Battery Market, By Battery Type:
- Lithium air battery
- Aluminum air battery
- Zinc air battery
- Calcium air battery
- Global Breathing Battery Market, By End-use Industry:
- Utility energy storage
- Consumer electronics
- Global Breathing Battery Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- By Country:
- Australia & New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- By Country:
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- By Country:
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- By Country/Region:
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
- IBM Corporation*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio and Specifications
- Financial Performance
- Strategic Overview
- Recent Developments/Updates
- Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc.
- PolyPlus Battery Company
- Fuji Pigment
- Breathe Battery Technologies Limited
“*” marked represents Key Pointers are applicable to other companies as well