Electric cargo bikes are operated and powered by electric batteries made up of lithium ion and nickel based batteries. Electric cargo bikes are generally light in weight that provides smooth and stable ride. In addition, electric cargo bikes have a low running cost and it produces less pollutants as compared to other modes of cargo transportation.
Lower running prices, reduction in transportation times, and lower environmental impacts of using cargo bikes instead of different mediums to transport the goods, are the factors attributing to the growth rate of cargo bike market. In addition, increasing research and development, and new product launches of technologically advanced cargo bikes, such as extended battery life of electric cargo bike are further boosting the demand for the same.
For instance, in February 2021, Aberdeen City Council planned to launch hydrogen-powered cargo bikes. Council planned to lower the emission caused due to petrol or diesel powered cargo bikes. This hydrogen powered cargo bikes will be developed under a European project called Fuel Cell Cargo Pedelecs. Under this project, a contract for six e-cargo bikes has been submitted on Public Contracts Scotland to be modified with hydrogen fuel cell subsystems.
Electric powered cargo bikes has limited range and it travels with a less speed as compared to diesel or petrol powered cargo bikes, owing to their small engine, which is expected to hamper the sales of cargo bikes over the forecast period.
This report segments the global cargo bike market on the basis of type, application, fuel type, and region. On the basis of type, the global cargo bike market is segmented into two wheeled, three wheeled, and four wheeled. On the basis of application, the global cargo bike market is segmented into courier and parcel service provider, retail suppliers, personal transportation, waste, and municipal services, and others. On the basis of fuel type, the global cargo bike market is segmented into electric batteries (lead based, nickel based, and lithium ion), hydrogen, and others. On the basis of region, global cargo bike market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global cargo bike market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021-2028), considering 2020 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global cargo bike market based on the following parameters – regulatory landscape, company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Major companies operating in the global cargo bike market are: Accell Group, Bodo Vehicle Group Co., Ltd, Butchers & Bicycles ApS, CERO Electric Cargo Bikes, DOUZE Factory SAS, Dutch Cargo Bike, G & O Family Cyclery, Gessato, Jinhua Jobo Technology Co., Ltd, Tern, Urban Arrow, Worksman Cycles, Xtracycle Inc, XYZ CARGO, and Yuba Bicycles LLC.
- These key market players are focusing on collaboration strategy with other market leaders to innovate and launch new products to meet the increasing needs and requirements of consumers
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global cargo bike market analysis report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global cargo bike market analysis.
- Global Cargo Bike Market, By Type:
- Two Wheeled
- Three Wheeled
- Four Wheeled
- Global Cargo Bike Market, By Application:
- Courier and Parcel Service Provider
- Retail Suppliers
- Personal Transportation
- Waste, and Municipal Services
- Global Cargo Bike Market, By Fuel Type:
- Electric Batteries
- Lead Based
- Nickel Based
- Lithium Ion
- Global Cargo Bike Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
- Accell Group**
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Key highlights
- Bodo Vehicle Group Co., Ltd
- Butchers & Bicycles ApS
- CERO Electric Cargo Bikes
- DOUZE Factory SAS
- Dutch Cargo Bike
- G & O Family Cyclery
- Jinhua Jobo Technology Co., Ltd
- Urban Arrow
- Worksman Cycles
- Xtracycle Inc
- XYZ CARGO
- Yuba Bicycles LLC
**All the pointers will also be provided for the rest of the companies.
Browse all the market data tables and figures on ‘Global Cargo Bike Market - Forecast to 2028’