Functional films are polymer sheets that are used to improve the properties of the fragile substrate. They are widely used across solar cells and the automotive industry to enhance the functional properties of automotive components. These films can be classified into adhesive films, conductive films, optical films, and water-soluble films. In the healthcare industry, functional films play a very important role in the development of various high-quality medical products. These films are protective, heat &chemical resistant, transparent, durable, and flexible. Therefore, these films are gaining huge demand across the various end user industry due to their excellent chemical and physical properties.
The global functional films market has witnessed an increase in growth in terms of revenue, in recent years, owing to the rising growth in demand for functional films in the electronics industry across the globe. The steady surge in demand for advanced functional films is primarily driven by the rising adoption of miniaturization of devices and technological advancements in the electronics industry. This scenario is anticipated to provide lucrative growth to the global functional films market in the forthcoming years.
On the basis of product type, the global functional films market is bifurcated into conductive, optical, adhesive, and water-soluble. Among regions, Asia pacific is expected to observe substantial growth in terms of revenue, during the forecast period, owing to the steady rise in growth of various end use industries such as electronics, automotive, pharmaceutical, packaging, construction, and energy.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global functional films market and provides market size (US$ Mn and KT) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains an attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global functional films market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include 3M, Toray Industries, Inc., Nagase & Co. Ltd., Eastman Chemical Company, and Tatsuta Electric Wire & Cable Co., Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- Global functional films market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, functional films manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global functional films market
- Global Functional Films Market, By Product Type:
- Global Functional Films Market, By Application:
- Flat Panel Display (FPD)
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Global Functional Films Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Nagase & Co. Ltd.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Tatsuta Electric Wire & Cable Co., Ltd.