A kidney transplant is a transplant of healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into a person whose kidney is no longer functioning properly. The kidneys are located on each side of the spine just under the rib cage and are two bean-shaped organs. Each kidney in the body is about the size of fist. To filter and remove the waste, minerals from body by producing urine is the main function of kidney.
Harmful levels of fluid and waste accumulate in the body if the kidney loses this filtering ability, which can result in kidney failure (end-stage kidney disease) and increase the blood pressure. End-stage renal disease occurs when the kidneys have lost about 90% of their ability to function properly.
The increase in the incidence of acute kidney injuries, increasing technology advancement is expected to augment the market growth of the segment over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing adoption of inorganic growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations by key players operating in the market are the major factors that are expected to drive growth of the global kidney transplant market.
About 1% of patients admitted to hospitals have AKI (Acute kidney Injury) at the time of admissions in the U.S. About 2 to 6% is the estimated incidence rate of AKI during hospitalization. AKI evolves within 30 days postoperatively, about 1% of general surgery cases and rise in more than 50% of intensive care unit (ICU) patients. About 21% of patients develop AKI in first 6 months after transplantation, in the recipients of solitary kidney transplants.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global kidney transplant market provides market size (US$ Mn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global kidney transplant market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, market presence, distribution strategies, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Sanofi, Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Fresenius Medical Care, Medtronic, Preservation Solution Inc., TransMedics, Inc., Organ Recovery Systems, and Transonic Systems Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global kidney transplant market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global kidney transplant market
- Global Kidney Transplant Market, Type:
- Living Donor Transplant
- Paired Kidney Transplant
- Deceased Donor Transplant
- Global Kidney Transplant Market, Age:
- Global Kidney Transplant Market, End Users:
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Transplant Centers
- Global Kidney Transplant Market, Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- Company Profiles:
- Sanofi *
- Company highlights
- Product Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial performance
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis AG.
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Fresenius Medical Care
- Preservation Solution Inc.
- TransMedics, Inc.
- Organ Recovery Systems
- Transonic Systems Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.