Local anaesthesia involves numbing an area of the body using a type of medicine called a local anaesthetic. It is a type of pain control used during minor procedures to numb small area where the pain is likely to occur. The use of long-acting local anesthetic prolongs the anesthetic effect of regional anesthesia. Local anesthesia drugs can be used to treat painful conditions, prevent pain during a procedure or operation, or relieve pain after surgery. Local anesthetics are much safer to use, but have fewer side effects compared to general anesthetics.
Increasing use of local anesthesia drugs across the globe due to increase in number of surgeries and increasing use of local anesthetic for post-operative pain is expected to augment the growth of the global local anesthesia drugs market over the forecast period. For instance, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2020, over 6.8 million reconstructive procedures, 13.2 million cosmetic minimally invasive procedures, and around 2.3 million cosmetic surgical procedures were performed in the United States.
Moreover, in May 2021, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first extended-release dual acting local anesthetic of bupivacaine and meloxicam for pain management.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global local anesthesia drugs market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global local anesthesia drugs market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global local anesthesia drugs market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global local anesthesia drugs market.
- Global Local Anesthesia Drugs Market, By Drug Type:
- Global Local Anesthesia Drugs Market, By Mode of Administration:
- Surface Anesthetic
- Global Local Anesthesia Drugs Market, By Geography:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa