Abuse of alcohol and drugs is a huge threat to society. Although the majority of users are harmless, the dangers of drunk driving and occupational accidents need the implementation of some limitations. As the dangers become more widely known and the capacity to detect users becomes more affordable, these measures are likely to be implemented more frequently in the future. The North America portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment market is segmented by product type, sample type, end user, and country. By product type, the market is segmented into breathalyzers, oral fluid testing devices, and others. By sample type, the market is segmented into breath, saliva, blood, and others. Portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment include breathalyzers, oral fluid testing devices, and others.
The rising prevalence of drunk and drive cases is the major factor driving growth of North America portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment market. For instance, according to the data published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 2018, 10,511 people were killed in the U.S. due to alcohol-impaired driving crashes, wherein an average of 1 alcohol-impaired-driving fatality occurred in every 50 minutes. According to the same source, these alcohol-impaired-driving fatalities accounted for 29% of all motor vehicle traffic fatalities in the U.S. in 2018.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention March 2019 report, every day, 29 people in the U.S. die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. Additionally, one death occurred in every 50 minutes and the annual cost of alcohol-related crashes is more than US$ 44 billion.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the North America portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment market, market size (US$ Million), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021-2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the North America portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment market based on the following parameters – company highlights, types portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and market strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Lifeloc Technologies, Inc., Lion Laboratories Limited, Quest Products, Inc., Intoximeters, Inc., BACtrack, Alcolizer Pty Ltd., Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, C4 Development Ltd., Randox Laboratories Ltd., and Abbott Laboratories.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The North America portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the North America portable alcohol and drug for abuse testing equipment market
- North America Portable Alcohol and Drug for Abuse Testing Equipment Market, By Product Type:
- Semiconductor Based Breathalyzer
- Infrared (IR) Based Breathalyzer
- Fuel Cell Based Breathalyzer
- Oral Fluid Testing Devices
- North America Portable Alcohol and Drug for Abuse Testing Equipment Market, By Sample Type:
- North America Portable Alcohol and Drug for Abuse Testing Equipment Market, By End User:
- SWAT Team
- Patrol Division
- Game Warden
- School Resource Officer
- Transit/Railroad Officer
- Correctional Officer
- North America Portable Alcohol and Drug for Abuse Testing Equipment Market, By Country:
- Company Profiles
- Lifeloc Technologies, Inc.*
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Lion Laboratories Limited
- Quest Products, Inc.
- Intoximeters, Inc.
- Alcolizer Pty Ltd.
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- C4 Development Ltd.
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- Abbott Laboratories
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.