Visual impairment is the loss of vision that cannot be corrected by refraction (glasses). There are number of eye disorders that can lead to visual impairments. Visual impairment can also be caused by trauma, and brain and nerve disorders. Visual impairments affect people differently. It can range from no vision (blindness) or very low vision to not being able to see particular colors. There are many assistive devices for managing visual impairment, which range from educational devices such as Braille writers and reading machines to mobility devices such as canes & crutches etc. These devices help visually impaired people to read printed material or surf the web using assistive technology devices such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and others.
The increasing incidence of vision impairment among population is expected to drive growth of the North America visual impairment products and services market over the forecast period. For instance, according to the report published by Canadian National Institute for the Blind in 2021, currently an estimated 1.5 million people in Canada identify themselves with a sight loss and an estimated 5.59 million more have an eye disease that could cause vision impairment. Vision impairment is caused due to various reasons such as hereditary and congenital abnormalities, injuries to the eyes, toxicosis, and acquired eye diseases (cataract, glaucoma, trachoma, cornea disorders, optic neuropathy, disorders of choroid and retina, ametropia, amblyopia, and others).
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the North America visual impairment products and services market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the North America Visual Impairment Products and Services Market based on the following parameters – Company Highlights, types Portfolio, Key Highlights, Financial Performance, and Market Strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Adaptivation, Inc., AbleNet, Inc., Access Ingenuity, American Thermoform, GF Health Products Inc., Dolphin Computer Access Limited, Cambium Learning, ViewPlus Technologies, VISPERO, LS&S LLC., Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, and Technologies HumanWare Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The North America Visual Impairment Products and Services Market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the North America Visual Impairment Products and Services Market
- North America Visual Impairment Products and Services Market, By Type:
- Educational Devices & Software
- Closed Caption
- Braille transcription
- Alternate Text
- Web accessibility software
- Mobility Devices
- Low Vision Devices
- Direct Service
- Orientation and Mobility
- North America Visual Impairment Products and Services Market, By End User:
- Blind Schools
- Enterprises & Social Organizations
- Personal Use
- North America Visual Impairment Products and Services Market, By Country:
- Company Profiles
- Adaptivation, Inc.
- Company Highlights
- Types Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Market Strategies
- AbleNet, Inc.
- ACCESS INGENUITY
- American Thermoform
- GF Health Products Inc.
- Dolphin Computer Access Limited
- Cambium Learning
- ViewPlus Technologies
- LS&S, LLC
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Technologies HumanWare Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.