Pemetrexed is a chemotherapy drug indicated for the treatment of pleural mesothelioma and non-small cell lung cancer. Pemetrexed is a patented drug of Eli Lilly and Company and sold under brand name Alimta. In 2004, Alimta (Pemetrexed injection) was approved by US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in combination with cisplatin as an initial treatment for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma. As a single agent for the maintenance treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non squamous (non-small cell lung cancer) NSCLC whose disease has not progressed after four cycles of platinum-based first-line chemotherapy. It is a single agent for the treatment of patients with recurrent, metastatic non-squamous (non-small cell lung cancer) NSCLC after prior chemotherapy.
Launch of generic version of pemetrexed in key region is expected to increase affordability of pemetrexed, which in turn is expected to drive global pemetrexed market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in July 2018, STADAPHARM GmbH, an international pharmaceutical company the subsidiary of STADA Arzneimittel AG launched Pemetrexed STADA generic version of Alimta in Europe. The drug is used for treating locally advanced, metastasized and non-small cell lung cancer and is a generic of the product Alimta by Lilly. The launch helped the company in further expansion in pharmaceutical sector.
High prevalence of non-small cell lung cancer and pleural mesothelioma is expected to rise the demand for pemetrexed drive global pemetrexed market growth over the forecast period. For instance, according to the data published by American Society of Clinical Oncology, an oncology organization, in January 2018, in the U.S. around 234,030 adults (121,680 men and 112,350 women) were diagnosed with lung cancer among which non-small cell lung cancer is the most common type of lung cancer, accounting for 80% to 85% of all lung cancer diagnose.
Furthermore, key players in the market are dedicated to expand the indication of its pemetrexed drugs in order to increase its sale and generate high revenues. For instance, in June 2018, Eli Lilly and Company, a U.S.-based pharmaceutical company, received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for a new indication for ALIMTA (pemetrexed for injection) in combination with carboplatin and KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) for the initial treatment of patients with metastatic nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), irrespective of PD-L1 expression status.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global pemetrexed market, market size (US$ Mn), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR (%)) for the forecast period: 2022 – 2030, considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by leading players
- It profiles key players in the global pemetrexed market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies
- Key players covered as a part of this study include, Eli Lilly and Company, Stada Arzneimittel AG, Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Fresenius Kabi USA, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc, Biocon, Pfizer Inc., Apotex Inc, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Cadila Pharmaceuticals., Accord Healthcare, Accure Labs Pvt. Ltd, Shanghai Henlius Biotech, Inc., Janssen Global Services, LLC, and Checkpoint Therapeutics, Inc..
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision with respect to their future product launches, governmental initiatives, technological up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global pemetrexed market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, product manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global pemetrexed market.
- Global Pemetrexed Market, By Strength:
- Global Pemetrexed Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Pemetrexed Market, By Region:
- North America
- By Country
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- By Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- By Country
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East
- By Country
- Rest of Middle East
- By Country/Region
- South Africa
- Central Africa
- North Africa
- Company Profiles
- Eli Lilly and Company*
- Company Highlights
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Highlights
- Market Strategies
- Stada Arzneimittel AG
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Fresenius Kabi USA
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Apotex Inc
- Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals.
- Accord Healthcare
- Accure Labs Pvt. Ltd
- Shanghai Henlius Biotech, Inc.
- Janssen Global Services, LLC,
- Checkpoint Therapeutics, Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.