Protein engineering is the process of developing useful and/or valuable proteins (protein drugs). Protein therapeutics are a rapidly expanding segment of FDA approved drugs that will improve clinical outcomes over the long run. The technology can be used to develop protein therapeutics (drugs) for the treatment of various chronic diseases and other autoimmune diseases. Protein engineering is a branch of biotechnology that includes genetic engineering, biotechnology, and biotechnology-related fields.
Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases, increase in prevalence of protein deficient diseases, increase in adoption of protein drugs over non-protein drugs, rise in focus on the development of protein therapeutics, and rising government funding for protein engineering are major factors expected to drive growth of the global protein engineering market.
Market players are focusing on developing protein-drugs to treat various chronic diseases. For instance, in May 2021, Zydus Cadila announced the launched Trastuzumab Emtansine, the first Antibody Drug Conjugate biosimilar, Ujvira, to treat both early and advanced HER2 positive breast cancer. The rising burden of cancer cases among the population is increasing the demand for better treatment options, driving the market growth.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global protein engineering market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global protein engineering market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Codexis Inc., Abzena, Ltd., Enantis s.r.o, GenScript Biotech Corp., Waters Corporation, PerkinElmer, Inc., Bruker Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global protein engineering market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global protein engineering market.
- Global Protein Engineering Market, By Product Type:
- Modified Enzymes
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Coagulation Factors (Blood Factors + Tissue Plasminogen)
- Growth Factors (Hormones + Cytokine)
- Other Product Types
- Global Protein Engineering Market, By Technology:
- Irrational Protein Design
- Rational Protein Design
- Global Protein Engineering Market, By End User:
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CRO)
- Academic Institutions
- Global Protein Engineering Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Company Profiles:
- Codexis Inc.
- Abzena, Ltd.
- Enantis s.r.o.
- GenScript Biotech Corp.
- Waters Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Agilent Technologies
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.