Secondary batteries, also known as rechargeable batteries, are used to power portable electronic devices and electric cars. They are also an important part of the global energy storage market. Various rechargeable batteries are available, including lithium-ion, lead-acid, nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen. Lithium-ion batteries are the most mature and popular secondary batteries in the market today, and they have excellent cycle stability and endurance performance.
Lithium-ion batteries are one of the most popular second-generation battery chemistries, and they are used in many portable electronic devices and electric vehicles. They are known for their high capacity and durability, as well as being environmentally friendly s they do not carry toxins like cadmium, lead, and mercury.
The increasing demand for fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly vehicles is anticipated to fuel growth of the global secondary battery market. Increasing investments in battery technologies, such as flow cell batteries, are expected to provide new opportunities for the secondary battery industry in the future.
However, rising production costs, decreased lithium-ion battery prices, and environmental concerns are expected to hinder growth of the global secondary battery market over the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global secondary battery market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023–2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global secondary battery market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include TianJin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock Co. Ltd., BYD Co. Ltd., Tesla Incorporation, Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited, Showa Denko K.K., Duracell Inc., Samsung SDI, EnerSys, Saft Groupe SA, GS Yuasa Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Clarios, and LG Chem Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global secondary battery market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global secondary battery market
- Global Secondary Battery Market, By Technology
- Lead-acid Battery
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Other Technologies
- Global Secondary Battery Market, By Application
- Automotive Batteries
- Industrial Batteries
- Energy Storage Systems (ESS)
- Portable Batteries
- Other Applications
- Power Tools Batteries
- SLI Batteries
- Global Secondary Battery Market, By Geography
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Company Profiles
- BYD Co. Ltd
- Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited
- Duracell Inc.
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- LG Chem Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Saft Groupe SA
- Samsung SDI
- Showa Denko K.K.
- Tesla Incorporation
- TianJin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock Co. Ltd.