Cell therapy can be defined as the transfer of new cells into a patient’s body to repair or replace damaged tissue or cells to treat a disease. The introduced cells can be from patient’s own body or from the donor. Different types of cells can be utilized in cell therapy such as lymphocytes, pancreatic islet cells, stem cells, and dendritic cells. This technology of cell therapy enables the development of various types of specific human cells required for therapeutic purposes. While gene therapy involves introduction or modification of genes into a patient’s body with an objective of providing treatment, prevention or to cure a disease.
The gene therapy alters a person’s genes to cure or treat disease. This process involves various mechanisms such as introduction of modified or new gene into the patient’s body in order to treat a disease, replacement of a disease causative gene by a healthy gene copy, or inactivation of a disease causing gene which exhibits improper functioning. Gene and cell therapies may provide long lasting impact than traditional medicines.
Rising research and development activities for the development of novel technology, increasing approvals and launches of novel gene therapies for treatment of various rare diseases and robust pipeline of products which are expected to gain approval over the forecast period. Additionally, increasing adoption of inorganic growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations by key players operating in the market are the major factors that are expected to drive growth of the U.K. cell and gene therapy research challenges market over the forecast period.
For instance, in August 2018, Novartis International AG, a global healthcare company, received European Commission’s (EC) approval for ‘Kymriah’. It is approved for the indication of treatment of patients up to 25 years of age with refractory or relapse B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and for treating adult patients with refractory or relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma after two or more lines of systemic therapy.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the U.K. cell and gene therapy research challenges market, and provides market size (US$ Mn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2021–2028), considering 2020 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the U.K. cell and gene therapy research challenges market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, market presence, distribution strategies, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Novartis International AG, Pfizer, Inc., Sanofi S.A., Amgen, Inc., PTC Therapeutics, Inc., Orchard Therapeutics Plc., Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Regeneron, Bluebird Bio, Inc. (Celgene Corporation), Freeline Therapeutics Ltd, MeiraGTx Limited, Kolon TissueGene, Inc., Kite Pharma, Inc. (Gilead Sciences, Inc.), Biogen Inc., and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The U.K. cell and gene therapy research challenges market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the U.K. cell and gene therapy research challenges market
- U.K. Cell and Gene Therapy Research Challenges Market, By Therapy Type:
- Cell Therapy
- Stem Cells
- T Cells
- Dendritic Cells
- NK Cells
- Gene Therapy
- Germline Gene Therapy
- Somatic Gene Therapy
- U.K. Cell and Gene Therapy Research Challenges Market, By Indication :
- Cardiology & Neurology
- Company Profiles
- Novartis International AG*
- Company Overview
- Material Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Highlights
- Market Strategies
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Amgen, Inc.
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- Orchard Therapeutics Plc.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Bluebird Bio, Inc. (Celgene Corporation)
- Freeline Therapeutics Ltd
- MeiraGTx Limited
- Kolon TissueGene, Inc.
- Kite Pharma, Inc. (Gilead Sciences, Inc.)
- Biogen INC
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.