Sterile injectables refer to non-oral means of administration by injecting the drug directly into the body through three common routes of administration which includes intramuscular (IM), subcutaneous (SC), and intravenous (IV). Moreover, injectables are made up of small molecules and large molecule (biologics), and have immediate onset of action. Parenteral administration can be performed by injection, that is using a needle (usually hypodermic needle) and a syringe or by the insertion of an indwelling catheter.
The rise in inclination towards sterile injectables over conventional drugs owing their features such as quick therapeutic response and high absorbability inside the patient’s body and growing focus on biologics and developing advanced products in the healthcare sector are the major factors driving the sterile injectables market. The rise in number of research and development activities and increasing investment by pharmaceutical manufacturers to produce enhanced injectables products such as anti-infective, oncolytics, and cardiovascular medicines accelerate the sterile injectables market growth.
The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, rising research and development activities, and increasing adoption of inorganic growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations by key players operating in the market are the major factors that are expected to drive growth of the U.S sterile Injectables market over the forecast period.
For instance, according to American Cancer Society estimated 104,610 new cases of colon cancer and 43,340 cases of rectal cancer diagnosed in the U.S. in 2020
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the U.S sterile injectables market, and provides market size (US$ Bn) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2022–2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the U.S sterile injectables market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, market presence, distribution strategies, key developments, strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Baxter International Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Gilead Sciences, Inc., JHP Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., Fresenius Kabi Ag, CordenPharma, and Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The U.S sterile injectables market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the U.S sterile injectables market
- U.S. Sterile Injectables Market, By Molecule Type:
- Large Molecule
- Small Molecule
- U.S. Sterile Injectables Market, By Drug Type:
- Monoclonal Antibody (mAbs)
- Peptide Hormones
- Blood Factor
- Peptide Antibiotics
- U.S. Sterile Injectables Market, By Therapeutic Application:
- Metabolic Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Central Nervous System Disorder
- Infectious Diseases
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- U.S. Sterile Injectables Market, By Route of Administration:
- Subcutaneous (SC)
- Intravenous (IV)
- Intramuscular (IM)
- U.S. Sterile Injectables Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Company Profiles
- Baxter International Inc.
- Company Overview
- Material Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Highlights
- Market Strategies
- AstraZeneca plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- JHP Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi Ag
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.