Airlaid nonwovens are manufactured without making use of water. In case of manufacturing the airlaid nonwovens, separately loosened fibers and fine particles are uniformly dispersed in an airstream and laid on a metallic mesh for bonding.
- Global airlaid nonwovens market is expected to gain traction during the forecast period, owing to its increasing demand for female hygiene, as well as wipes based application. This is increasing due to the biodegradable raw materials used for the manufacturing of airlaid nonwovens. Furthermore, the airlaid nonwovens make use of sustainable and low cost of nonwovens process.
- Moreover, airlaid nonwovens deliver maximum absorbency which is available in the thinnest form. This absorbent property is a driver for the hygiene related products
- However, low density of airlaid nonwovens is expected to hamper growth of the global airlaid nonwovens market during the forecast period. For instance, its low density makes airlaid nonwovens expensive to ship due to poor utilization of shipping containers and other modes of transport such as trucks.
- In case of regions, Asia Pacific and North America are expected to gain a significant share in the global airlaid nonwovens market, owing to increasing demand for flushable and sustainable wipes
- Furthermore, in case of China, India, and Indonesia, the demand is expected to increase rapidly, owing to high population rate and low penetration of feminine hygiene manufacturers. For instance, according to the World Bank data, in 2013, the total population in China was 1,357,380.0 billion which increased and reached 1,392,730.0 billion by 2018. Moreover, according to the same source, in 2013, India and Indonesia recorded a total population of 1,280,846.1 billion and 251,806.4 billion which further increased and reached 1,352,617.3 billion and 267,663.4 billion respectively.
- Another reason for increasing demand from the China market is due to the cheaper options of airlaid nonwovens available in case of the feminine hygiene care products
- Key players operating in the global airlaid nonwovens market include Valmet, ANDRITZ, Freudenberg, Kimberly-Clark, Hollingsworth and Vose, Ahlstrom, Glatfelter, and TWE Group.
On the basis of material type, the global airlaid nonwovens market is segmented into:
- Fluff pulp
- Bicomponent fiber
- Superabsorbent polymer
- Standard latex binder
- Specialty latex binder
- Rayon/ Lyocell
On the basis of process, the global airlaid nonwovens market is segmented into:
- Multibonded airlaid (MBAL)
- Latex bonded airlaid (LBAL)
- Thermal bonded airlaid (TBAL)
- Hydrogen bonded airlaid (HBAL)
On the basis of application, the global airlaid nonwovens market is segmented into:
- Hygiene (Feminine hygiene, Adult incontinence, and Diapers)
- Wipes (Personal care wipes, Household wipes, and Industrial wipes)
- Others (Medical, etc.)
On the basis of region, the global airlaid nonwovens market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- Northern Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa