The global Mercury Removal Adsorbents Market was valued at US$ 1,464.3 Mn in 2022, according to the global mercury removal adsorbents market report, by Type (Activated Carbon, Loaded Metal Adsorbent, Zeolites, Activated Alumina, Others), by Application (Oil and Gas, Water Treatment, Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Global mercury removal adsorbents market is expected to surpass US$ 2,060.0 Mn by 2030 and exhibit a CAGR of 4.36% during the forecast period (2023-2030). The global mercury removal adsorbents market is expanding as a result of growing awareness about the harmful effects of mercury.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
http://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/Global Mercury Removal Adsorbents Market
Browse 30 market data tables* and 24 figures* on "Global Mercury Removal Adsorbents Market” - Forecast to 2030.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Mercury Removal Adsorbents Market:
- Mercury is a bio accumulative, persistent, and highly toxic pollutant that contaminates natural resources such as water, soil, and air. In addition, it negatively affects the environment and public health when released into nature. Moreover growing awareness regarding the harmful effects of mercury is further driving the demand for mercury removal adsorbents across the globe.
- Mercury adsorbents are widely used for water treatment in different industries including chemicals, food and beverages, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, and paper industries. In addition, wastewater is one of the by-products of commercial and industrial activities thus industries are facing the issues regarding safe disposal of wastewater which is driving demand for mercury removal adsorbents during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways of the Global Mercury Removal Adsorbents Market:
- Mercury removal adsorbents are used in a number of industries such as oil and gas, wastewater treatment, and chemicals, among others. Furthermore, soaring demand for mercury removal adsorbents in the oil and gas industry is projected to propel the global market growth. Moreover, rising concerns about the harmful effects of highly toxic mercury on the nature and the increasing number of environmental regulations is projected to boost the demand for mercury removal adsorbents.
- Rapid industrialization in developing countries including India and China is projected to accelerate the global mercury removal adsorbents market growth. In addition, the rising number of environmental regulations on the disposal of mercury is likely to boost demand for mercury removal adsorbents.
- The major key players operating in the global mercury removal adsorbents include Pall Corporation, Johnson Matthey, Axens, Honeywell UOP, BASF SE, NUCON International Inc., UNICAT Catalyst Technologies, LLC., Calgon Carbon Corporation, Cabot Corporation, SLB
- For instance, in June 2019, BASF SE launched a new mercury removal adsorbent Durasorb HG, which is used in wet conditions. The mercury removal adsorbents are installed in the LNG (liquefied natural gas) pre-treatment train for the protection of downstream equipment and materials from mercury contamination. In addition, Durasorb HG is a mixed metal oxide adsorbent that contains promoted and dispersed copper sulfide phase and is non-regenerable. In addition, BASF SE is one of the leading chemical companies which operates in six different segments such as plastics, functional solutions, chemicals, agriculture solutions, oil and gas, and performance products.
Global Mercury Removal Adsorbents Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
The outbreak of COVID-19 had been negatively affected the global mercury removal adsorbents market. The manufacturers of mercury removal adsorbents stopped their production during the pandemic. The demand for mercury removal adsorbents from a number of end-use industries such as water treatment, chemicals, and oil and gas, among others shut down their manufacturing plants due to disruption in the supply chain of raw materials. Owing to the global severe lockdown, the transportation systems had also been impacted.. In addition, the lack of manpower due to strict rules regarding social distancing hampered the global mercury adsorbents market growth.