Global transfluthrin market was valued at US$ 132.6 Mn in 2020, according to Global Transfluthrin Market Report, by Product Type (Purity >90%, Purity >95%, and Purity >99%), by Application (Mosquito Repellents, Flies Repellents, Cockroach Repellents, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights
Global transfluthrin market was valued at US$ 132.6 Mn in terms of revenue in 2020 and is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period (2021 to 2028). Transfluthrin is a pyrethroid insecticide having a short residual effect. Flies, mosquitoes, moths, and cockroaches can all be eliminated with transfluthrin in the environment. It's a highly flammable compound that can be used as a contact and inhalation agent. If transfluthrin is handled incorrectly, it can induce poisoning symptoms such as agitation, anxiety, tremor, convulsions, skin allergies, sneezing, running nose, and irritation. There are no specific antidotes known, but symptomatic antihistamine medication may assist to reduce allergies.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 30 market data tables* and 20 figures* on “Transfluthrin Market” - Global Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Transfluthrin Market:
- The global transfluthrin market is being driven by an increase in the number of mosquitos and bedbugs. In the last few years, the population of mosquitos has increased across the globe.
- Mosquitos, as one of the most important disease-carrying insects, have received a lot of attention in the recent years, with a lot of emphasis on devising methods to eradicate them
- The decline in chemical concentration and urbanization are the primary causes of an increase in mosquito and bedbug populations
- The mosquito Aedes aegypti is a tropical species that spreads zika, dengue fever, and chikungunya. It is one of the most serious disease transmission hazards.
- Regardless of cleanliness, bedbugs can be found in both sanitary and filthy environments. Nursing homes, schools and daycare centers, offices, hotels, hospitals, and public transportation are among places where they can be found.
- The market for global transfluthrin is being driven by the growth of these insects, as well as public awareness of their ability to spread diseases
- Increasing demand for hygiene products due to the world's rapidly growing population of insects in households would generate new opportunities for the global transfluthrin market to expand in the forecast period. For instance, in January 2019, the Directorate General of Health Services' (DGHS) Communicable Disease Control unit conducted a survey in Dhaka city, finding both larva and adult Aedes mosquitoes in various regions of the city.
- The DGHS issued a warning to both municipal corporations in March 2019 based on the survey's results, predicting an epidemic in the coming years of 2020.
- People are becoming more conscious of the risks connected with vector-borne diseases as the population grows exponentially every day, and this is predicted to affect the dynamics of the global transfluthrin market in a positive way throughout the forecast period
- The main barrier to global transfluthrin market is the harmful impact of transfluthrin use. If transfluthrin is handled inappropriately, poisoning symptoms such as restlessness, anxiety, tremor, seizures, skin allergies, sneezing, running nose, and irritation can occur.
- Other adverse effects include irritation of the skin and eyes, hormonal effects, mutagenicity, immune system changes, and so on. Although no specific antidotes are known, symptomatic antihistamine treatment may help to relieve allergies.
- On the basis of Product Type, Purity >95% dominated the global transfluthrin market in 2020, with around 57.1% of market share, in terms of revenue, followed by Purity >99%, Purity >90% segment. The growth is attributed to an increase in the number of mosquitos and bedbugs population around the globe.
- Key players operating in the global transfluthrin market include Bayer AG, Jiangsu Yangnong Chemcal Co., Ltd, Hebei Sanlen Agrochemical Co., Ltd, Aestar (Zhongshan) Co., Ltd, Jiangsu Weunite Fine Chemical Co., Ltd., Shanghai Skyblue Chemical Co., Ltd., LGC Group, S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Henan Tianfu Chemical Co. Ltd., and Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- These players are constantly engaged in product launches, acquisitions, and regional expansion to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, in November 2020, Fludora Co-Max, a revolutionary space spray solution for combating Aedes mosquito-borne arboviruses like dengue, zika, and chikungunya, was launched by Bayer AG.
Global Transfluthrin Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- COVID-19 had a positive impact on the global transfluthrin market. While the outbreak had shaken apart operational efficiency and value chains as a result of the sudden shutdown of national and international borders, it also boosted demand for global transfluthrin market.
- People are becoming more conscious about their health and cleanliness due to COVID-19 pandemic, which is driving up demand for global transfluthrin High purity transfluthrin is more attractive to consumers who want to avoid illnesses. Several government initiatives for mosquito control programs, as well as affordable repellents widely available to customers, are expected to drive the market throughout the forecast period.
By Product Type
- Purity >90%
- Purity >95%
- Purity >99%
- Mosquito Repellents
- Flies Repellents
- Cockroach Repellents
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa