Home shopping is a type of direct marketing that involves the sale of household goods through various channels, such as mail, online advertisements and television advertisements. Home shopping also includes the purchase of household goods through telephonic channels, such as direct-to-home (DTH) television channels and telephonic shopping enterprises. Moreover, consumers can also make online purchases by using various types of internet payment methods. It is a convenient way of shopping because consumers can shop for multiple commodities, such as home furnishings, clothes, electronics and many other products. It is also considered as a more affordable form of shopping than the traditional brick-and-mortar retail shopping.
The home-shopping market has experienced significant growth in recent years due to the availability of high-speed internet connectivity and better internet connections. Moreover, rise in the number of internet users has led to the growing need for online shopping. In the past, mail order names and niche catalogues were a part of the home shopping market. However, the industry has changed in recent years, and today, many companies have moved their mail order business into brick-and-mortar retail stores. In addition, consumers can now purchase products from different online stores by using their smartphones. These mobile-based shopping channels offer better discounts and free home delivery. All these factors are expected to drive growth of the market.
On the other hand, lack of digital infrastructure across developing countries is expected to hinder the market growth.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global home-shopping market, and provides market size (US$ Billion) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2022–2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global home-shopping market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Amazon Inc., VGL Group of Companies, Quarte Retail Inc., Ebay Inc., Sears Brand LLC, Garbarino S.A.I.C.e.I., Alibaba Group, Walmart, Majid al Futtaim(Carrefour), Jewlry Television, Desertcart, and uBuy
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global home-shopping market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global home-shopping market
- Global Home-Shopping Market, By Type:
- E-Commerce and Mobile Shopping
- Other Types
- Global Home-Shopping Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Prpfiles
- Amazon Inc.
- VGL Group of Companies
- Quarte Retail Inc.
- Ebay Inc.
- Sears Brand LLC
- Garbarino S.A.I.C.e.I.
- Alibaba Group
- Majid al Futtaim (Carrefour)
- Jewlry Television