A scalp care routine involves regular cleansing to remove bacteria, sweat, and excess oil from the skin. 'Scalp health' is the beauty buzzword du jour for good reason; the length, lustre, and health of the hair depends on the scalp health. Scalp care includes good cleansing, re-balancing and moisturising. Scalp care is the process of cleansing/massaging the scalp and using a scrub or brush to help unclog the pores, remove dead skin cells, and wash away product buildup from hair follicles. Scalp care a regular part of the hair menu, and is necessary for the overall scalp health. The massage helps promote and maintain healthy hair follicles and scalp. In short, scalp care products are necessary for the overall scalp health.
Increasing demand for scalp care products across the globe due to increasing awareness among people about scalp health is a major factor expected to augment the growth of the global scalp care market over the forecast period. For instance, the scalp skin is more delicate, and it has a higher number of sebaceous glands, sweat glands, and hair follicles and a lower barrier function as compared to the skin on rest of the body. Thus, it is imperative to have a scalp care regime, as having a scalp care routine will influence better hair growth from its foundation.
In July 2020, Neutrogena launched Neutrogena Healthy Scalp collection, bringing the science of skincare to scalp and haircare. The collection is clinically proven to cleanse and moisturize scalp without stripping strands. The idea behind the new collection was driven by the growing skinification of hair care and a shifting consumer desire.
Key features of the study:
- The report provides in-depth analysis of the global scalp care market, and market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global scalp care market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Bioderma Laboratories, Lotus Herbals Pvt. Ltd., Natura & Co., Kao Corporation, Beiersdorf AG, Procter & Gamble Co., Unilever PLC, Moroccan Oil, L'Oreal SA, Himalaya Wellness Company, Johnson & Johnson Inc., and The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global scalp care market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global scalp care market.
- Global Scalp Care Market, By Product Type:
- Scalp Masks
- Hair Styling Product
- Other Product Types
- Global Scalp Care Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail Stores
- Other Distribution Channels
- Global Scalp Care Market, By Price:
- Global Scalp Care Market, By Demographics:
- Global Scalp Care Market, By Geography:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Germany, France
- Rest of the World