Skiing is a winter sport in which the participants use skis to glide on snow. Traditionally, such sports were played only in cold areas during winters, however, artificial ice and snow allows for enhanced flexibility. Increasing participation in skiing activities coupled with growing initiatives to encourage skiing participation, is expected to boost growth of the global ski gear & equipment market. For instance, in June 2017, International Ski Federation (FIS), Sports Organization and Alisport entered into a partnership to develop 30 million snow sport participants in China, which aids in the growth of ski gear & equipment market.
However, increasing fatalities or injuries caused while skiing is expected to hinder growth of skiing industry, in turn negatively impacting the market growth.
North America is expected to show significant growth in the global ski gear & equipment market, owing to increasing international trading activities. According to the U.S., the total value of import in ski and snowboard equipment market increased by 9.7% since 2009 to a total of 115 million in 2013.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the global market over the forecast period. This is attributed to supportive government initiative to increase ski sport participation. For instance, in August 2017, Get Into Snow Sport (GISS), Skiing initiative to be launched in China as a part of Winter Olympics build-up. This initiative operates through a partnership between the International Ski Federation (FIS) and Beijing Sports University in collaboration with the Chinese Ski Association.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of global Ski Equipment & Gear market, and provides market size (US$ Billion) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global Ski Equipment & Gear market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Amer Sports Oyj, Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd., Coalition Snow, Fischer Beteilgungsverwaltungs GmbH, Helly Hansen, Icelantic LLC, Marker Volkl (International) Sales GmbH, Skis Rassignol S.A., The Burton Corporation and Volcom LLC.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global Ski Equipment & Gear market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, Ski Equipment & Gear manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global Ski Equipment & Gear market
- Global Ski Equipment & Gear Market, By Product Type :
- Boots & Bindings
- Protective Gear
- Ski Boot Accessories
- Global Ski Equipment & Gear Market, By Form:
- Alpine or Downhill Skiing
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Telemark Skiing
- Freestyle Skiing
- Nordic Skiing
- Global Ski Equipment & Gear Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Online Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Global Ski Equipment & Gear Market, By End User:
- Global Ski Equipment & Gear Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- By Country:
- Rest of Latin America
- By Country:
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- By Country:
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- Amer Sports Oyj
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd.
- Coalition Snow
- Fischer Beteilgungsverwaltungs GmbH
- Helly Hansen
- Icelantic LLC
- Marker Volkl (International) Sales GmbH
- Skis Rassignol S.A.
- The Burton Corporation
- Volcom LLC.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section