Hexamethyl methoxy melamine is an important industrial chemical used for fillers and as cross linking agents. HMMM containing resins are used in the production of coatings and plastics for coils, cans, and automobiles. It is used as a cross linking agent with novolak resin and resorcinol. Hexamethyl methoxy melamine is recommended as a replacement for hexamethylene-tetramine due to lower toxicity and less effect on scorch times.
HMMM manufacturers are developing their product to serve the wide application spectrum such as tackifier, Fabric, textile,leather products etc. For instance, Techno Waxchem Pvt Ltd.’s TECHNIC HM100 Hexamethyl Methoxy melamine resin meets the stringent requirements of cord-rubber properties of tyre and non - tyre industries. Moreover, it offers a balanced combination of good adhesion and excellent fatigue resistance.
- A major driver for growth of the global hexamethyl methoxy melamine market is growing construction industry. For instance, in 2015, global construction perspectives and oxford economics together stated that the global construction market is set to grow by US$ 8 trillion by 2030, reaching a total size of US$ 17.5 trillion and growing by an average annual rate of 3.9% by 2030.
- However, toxicity arising due to consumption and disposal of hexamethyl methoxy melamine may hamper growth of the global hexamethyl methoxy melamine market. For instance, according to a study published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information in May 2015, presence of HMMM was found in 60 of 117 water samples from three river systems, with concentrations ranging between 10 and 880 ng/L.
- According to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in hexamethyl methoxy melamine market over the forecast period, owing to the rising use of fillers and additives in paints and coatings industry. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation in 2011, paints and coatings industry generated US$ 3.6 billion and was estimated to grow to US$ 8.2 billion in 2017.
- China is the world’s largest consumer of hexamethyl methoxy melamine, owing to growing chemicals, paints, and coatings sector in the country
Key players in the Global Hexamethyl Methoxy Melamine (HMMM) Market
- Key players operating in the global hexamethyl methoxy melamine (HMMM) market include Suzhou VosunChemical Co., Ltd., SancaiIndustry Co., Ltd., Dalian RichonChemCo., Ltd., Western Reserve Chemical, AllnexGroup, ParchemFine & Specialty Chemicals, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Hangzhou DayangChemCo., Ltd., Qingdao Sun Tech Industries & Trading Co., Ltd. and ChemsonIndustrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- In May 2019, Allnex, a manufacturer of industrial coatings resins and additives, to grant license for the production, marketing, selling and distributing of allnex CYREZ(R)964 resins to Acmechem Limited, a producer of fine and performance chemicals based in India. Allnex’s CYREZ brand is known for Hexa methoxymethyl melamine (HMMM) powder resins.
On the basis of application, the global hexamethyl methoxy melamine (HMMM) market is segmented into:
- Paints and Coatings
- Rubber Compounds
On the basis of region, the global hexamethyl methoxy melamine (HMMM) market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East