Africa Injectable Drugs Market, by Molecule Type (Large Molecule and Small Molecule), by Route of Administration (Intravenous, Intramuscular, Sub-cutaneous, and Others, by End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, and Others), and by Country/Region (South Africa, Central Africa, and North Africa) is estimated to be valued at US$ 284.5 Mn in 2022 and expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period (2022-2030), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases,and respiratory diseases is anticipated to drive the growth of market. For instance, according to The Global Cancer Observatory, in Africa approximately 1,109,209 number of new cases of cancer were found in 2020
Africa Injectable Drugs Market – Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic had a substantial economic impact in 2020 worldwide. The pandemic's consequences caused disruptions in the supply chain of different sectors. The pandemic caused disruptions in the diagnosis and management of various diseases like cardiovascular, cancer and among others. This leads to limits the demand for injectable drugs products and hence, hamper the growth of the market. The COVID-19 pandemic disturbed the supply and dispensing of injectable drugs.
Browse 15 Market Data Tables and 39 Figures spread through 175 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Africa Injectable Drugs Market” - Forecast to 2028, Africa Injectable Drugs Market, by Molecule Type (Large Molecule and Small Molecule), by Route of Administration (Intravenous, Intramuscular, Sub-cutaneous, and Others, by End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, and Others), and by Country/Region (South Africa, Central Africa, and North Africa)
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Biologics are increasingly gaining popularity and providing important aspect of therapies in various diseases such as cardiovascular, cancer, neurological and among others. This is contribute to drive the pharmaceutical industry and thereby drive the growth of market
Key Takeaways of Africa Injectable Drugs Market:
- Africa injectable drugs market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period. The increasing number of contract research manufacturers in Africa is anticipated to drive the market growth. For instance, Xcene Research, ACTG-CRO and among others are the contract research organization in Africa
- Among molecule type, the small molecule segment is estimated to account for the largest market share in Africa injectable drugs market in 2022. Increase in preference for small molecule injectable is anticipated to drive the growth of market
- Based on the route of administration, the intravenous segment holds a major share of the market in Africa. Increasing or high availability of different types of drugs which are administered through intravenous route is anticipated to drive the segment growth. For instance, chemotherapy drugs such as doxorubicin, vincristine, cisplatin, and paclitaxel, antibiotics such as vancomycin, meropenem, and gentamicin, antifungal drugs such as micafungin and amphotericin, and others are administered through IV route.
- In terms of end user, the hospitals segment is estimated to dominate the market in 2021. majority of injectable drugs are sold by hospital pharmacies this is expected to drive the growth of segment
- On the basis of country/region, South Africa accounted for the largest market share in Africa injectable drugs market. Growing disposable income and aging population and a diverse disease burden are the factors likely to drive the market growth in the country. For instance, according to the Global Health Observatory May 2017, in South Africa main causes of death as influenza and pneumonia (5.2%), HIV (5.1%), cerebrovascular diseases (4.9%), diabetes mellitus (4.8%), other forms of heart disease (4.6%), and hypertensive diseases (3.7%)
- Major players operating in Africa injectable drugs market include Apotex Inc., Fresenius Kabi India Pvt. Ltd., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Pfizer Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Gland Pharma Limited, hameln pharma gmbh, Merck & Co.Inc., AbbVie Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Aurobindo Pharma, and PANPHARMA S.A.