The global Anti-acne cosmetics market was valued at US$ 2,378.20 million in 2019, according to Anti-acne Cosmetics Market Report, by Product Type (Moisturizers, Anti-acne Cream, Face Wash, Masks/Packs, and Others), by Gender (Female and Male), by Price Range (Economic and Premium), by Formulation (Organic and Inorganic), by Distribution Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Pharmacy/Drug Stores, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global Anti-acne cosmetics market is expected to surpass US$ 3,233.5 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.04% during the forecast period (2020-2027). The growth of the anti-acne cosmetics market is expected to be driven by growth of the cosmetics industry in emerging economies such as Brazil, China and others.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 25 market data tables* and 20 figures* on "Anti-acne Cosmetics Market” - Global Forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Anti-acne Cosmetics Market:
- Among regions, Asia Pacific accounted for a significant market share in 2019. Store-based retailing dominates distribution in the anti-acne cosmetics market in Asia Pacific. For instance, in November 2019, Sephora, a France-based beauty retailer, announced its plans to expand its retail footprint in India by opening 6-8 stores every year and estimates to reach 50 stores by 2022, in both metros and non-metro cities.
- Moreover, rising number of product launches in the Asia-pacific region s expected drive growth of the anti-acne cosmetics market during the forecast period. For instance, in February 2020, B&B labs, a Malaysia-based cosmetic company, launched its range of anti-acne products, which are formulated using plant-based ingredients. The range includes products such as in February 2020, B&B labs, a Malaysia-based cosmetic company, launched its range of anti-acne products, Black Tea Blemish Banish Serum, Blemish Control Clarifying Cream-In-Gel, and Express Blemish Spot Away Solution
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among distribution channel, pharmacy/drug stores segment held largest revenue share in the global Anti-acne cosmetics market in 2019. Pharmacies and drug stores industry comprises operators, which sells various prescriptions and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, personal care and beauty products, toiletries, and other consumable goods directly to consumers on a walk-in basis. This factor is further expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global Anti-acne cosmetics market include Clinique Laboratories, LLC., Neutrogena, Ancalima Lifesciences Ltd., Guthy-Renker, Murad, Inc., L'Oréal S.A., The Mentholatum Company, Inc., Kosé Corporation, and Galderma Laboratories LP.
- Key players operating in the anti-acne cosmetics market are focusing on various strategies such as joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, in order to strengthen their market presence and to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in March 2016, Nestlé Skin Health S.A. announced its joint venture with Guthy-Renker. This venture is expected to enhance the innovation and expertise of Guthy-Renker for its Proactiv brand, one of the world’s leading brand of anti-acne product.
Global Anti-acne Cosmetics Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- COVID-19 has changed the consumer buying pattern and have made consumers conservative, leading to decline in their spending for non-essential products. Nationwide lockdown and social distancing measures implemented by leading countries such as India, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Saudi Arabia have negatively impacted the demand for cosmetics in these countries. For instance, revenue of cosmetics business segment of Kao Corporation decreased by 11.4% in the first quarter of 2020, compared to the first quarter of 2019. Revlon, Inc., a cosmetics company, witnessed decrease in sales by 18.1% in the first quarter of 2020, as compared to first quarter of 2019. Anti-acne cosmetics market is expected to grow at a significant pace post the pandemic, as against the previously estimated growth during the forecast period (2020 – 2027), as per Coherent Market Insights analysis.