Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Wireless security or Wi-Fi security solutions refer to prevention of illicit access to data using wireless networks, including Wi-Fi networks. Wireless network is prone to some severe security issues where a laptop widely available software tool can hack into the network and damage is the important data. Such security issues had led into increased demand for WI-FI security solutions services in the recent past. Wired-equivalent privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) are two of the most commonly used security solutions. However, WEP is notoriously weak in protecting wireless network as it can be hacked with basic laptop and software tools. Moreover, hacking methods have become more sophisticated over the years with wireless access along with easy-to-use Linux- and Windows-based tools being available widely. Thus, growing security issues related to wireless networks is expected to increase the demand for Wi-Fi security solutions in the near future.
The APAC Home Wi-Fi Security Solutions market is estimated to account for US$ 10,748.5 Mn in terms of value by the end of 2019
Market Dynamics- Drivers
- Increasing users of smart devices and growing penetration of internet is expected to drive the APAC home Wi-Fi security solutions market during the forecast period
In the recent past, there has been significant growth in adoption of smart devices and internet usage in Asia Pacific region. There has been 10 fold increase in terms of access in emerging economies such as Indonesia, China, Malaysia, and India. Moreover, growing cyber-crime networks and introduction of advanced commercial-scale toolkits coupled with rising focus on monetization of malware and associated threats are expected to drive the market growth in the near future. For instance, according to Ineternetlivestats, number of internet users in India reached to 27% of total population in 2015, up from 2.4% in 2005. According to the same source, Malaysia and Indonesian showed growth of 15.8% to 43.4% and 3.6% and 19.4% respectively from 2005 to 2015.
- Availability of lucrative polices offered by wireless network service provider is expected to propel the APAC home Wi-Fi security solutions market growth over the forecast period
The home user category in wireless network has increased in the recent past in the region. This is owing to growing need to stay connected and avail advantages of online transactions is expected to drive the market growth in the near future. For instance, in April 2015, the Government of India announced plans to roll-out free high-speed Wi-Fi 2,500 cities and towns across the country over the next three years. The program was conducted under Digital India Initiative, involving investment of US$ 1.04 billion.
India dominated the APAC Home Wi-Fi Security Solutions market in 2018, accounting for 75.5% share in terms of volume, followed by Indonesia and Malaysia, respectively
Source: Coherent Market Insights Analysis
Market Dynamics- Restraints
- Lack of awareness regarding home wireless networks is expected to restrain growth of the APAC home Wi-Fi security solutions market during the forecast period
Although the market is expanding significantly, there is lack of awareness regarding wireless network, especially in emerging economies. Moreover, majority of household devices are not connected by Wi-Fi network, which in turn, is expected to restrain growth of the market in the near future. For instance, according to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, there is prominent preference smart homes and related services in Tier-1 cities in emerging economies such as India. However, this preference is extremely low in non-metro or Tier-2 or 3 cities, owing to higher prices and lack of awareness.
- Inadequate channel support for the sale of wireless network devices is expected to hinder the market growth in the near future
Although the companies are selling Wi-Fi security solutions are selling these products via existing channels including their websites, service providers, and retail stores, finding new distribution channel to increase its penetration is expected to pose significant challenge for market players. Companies need to enter into distribution agreement with various channels, in order to enhance their sale.
- 1. Proactive initiatives taken by government of various countries, in order to expand internet penetration is expected offer lucrative opportunities for market players
Various emerging economies in Asia Pacific are involved in increasing penetration of internet, by undertaking initiatives for high-speed and cost-effective internet. These initiatives are expected to fuel adoption of M2M communication, thereby driving demand for concerning security solutions. For instance, in 2007, the Government of Malaysia introduced National Broadband Initiative (NBI) with target to achieve 50% household broadband penetration by 2015.
- Increasing awareness regarding cyber security and associated threats is expected to pose excellent growth opportunities for market players
Emerging economies in Asia Pacific such as India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and China are home to well-established financial markets. High growth of e-commerce industry and baking sector has increased the prevalence of cyber-attacks. Although, until 2015, there were no uniformity in law regarding cyber-attacks, mandating their disclosure, the organizations have started to focus on cyber security, in order to neutralize the threats. For instance, in 2015, McAfee, Inc. (Now Intel Security Group), Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Fortient, Inc., and Symantec Corporation came together to establish Cyber Threat Alliance. The group provides intelligence regarding cyber threats and cyber-attacks across the region.
Source: Coherent Market Insights Analysis
- Upsurge of advance home security systems has emerged as the latest trend in APAC home Wi-Fi security solutions market
Previously, introduction of smart home concept required significant amount of professionals for hardwiring the house. However, this situation has changed with innovations in smart home and related technologies and innovative home security systems. For instance, the advanced home security systems have features such as plug-and-play and DIY devices.
- Growing reliance of cloud service is another major trend influencing the market behavior
Cloud integration has increased in the recent past with rising change in the way peripheral devices are developed, as functions are transported to the cloud leaving questions on interoperability. Moreover, cloud adoption has increased for networking, storage, compute, and for reducing cost of user devices and smooth functioning of new devices.
802.11 Standards – This standard is introduced by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in support for secure WLAN deployments
Department of Telecommunications (DoT) Regulations – The objective of DoT regulation is to ensure that public WiFi Internet access are not utilized for illegal purpose.
APAC Hardware based Home Wi-Fi Security Solutions market was valued at US$ 9,113.0 Mn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.4% between 2019 and 2027
Figure 2. APAC Home Wi-Fi Security Solutions Market Share (%), By Component (2018)
Source: Coherent Market Insights Analysis
Key players operating in the APAC home Wi-Fi security solutions market are Cujo LLC, KoalaSafe Inc., and Systems Solutions & Development Technologies Ltd. (SSD-Tech), Cisco System Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Luma Home Inc., Aruba Networks, Inc., Securifi, Keezel Inc., and others
- Key players in the market are focused on collaborations and partnerships, in order to gain competitive edge in the market. For instance, in February 2019, Cujo LLC, a provider of network security, collaborated with AirTies to provide cybersecurity and smart Wi-Fi solutions to network operators.
- In December 2018, Cognitive Systems Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies, and Plume entered into partnership with Stanley Black & Decker with an objective to Omni security product. This product is enabled by Cognitive’s Wi-Fi motion technology and Plume’s cognitive service curation platform. This security product offers security and motion detection system to users to ensure security at home and businesses.