System integration is an engineering process to combine various computational or software programs as one large system, in order to coordinate the processes. System integration ensures adequate functioning of each integrated software and provides a more user-friendly experience by streamlining functions of these programs. System integration is also used for adding value to a system through new functionalities provided by connecting functions of different systems. Business support system (BSS) is a set of telecoms software solutions used to supports service providers to gain customer insight, compile real-time subscriptions, and introduce new revenue-generating services.
The global System Integration in Telecommunication Market was accounted for US$ 27406.8 Mn in terms of value in 2019 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 6.2% for the period 2020-2027.
Market Dynamics- Drivers
- Increasing need for convergent billing systems is expected to drive growth of the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and EMEA system integration in telecommunication market during the forecast period
Telecommunication service providers (TSPs) are offering various services such as video, data, internet, mobile commerce, and multimedia, owing to growing advancement in the telecommunications industry. Consumers are increasingly demanding a cohesive view of all prepaid and postpaid services. Convergent billing systems facilitate service providers with a flexible rating and charge for consumers and offer real-time analytics. Moreover, convergent billing provides CSPs with several additional benefits, including lightweight operations, the ability to integrate with legacy systems evading the need for the high cost of BSS transformation, agility, and potential of discovering new revenue streams. Thus, these factors are expected to drive growth of the market during the forecast period. For instance, in 2014, CSG International leveraged its CSG Singleview convergent billing platform in a managed services environment to combine multiple billing instances onto a single solution for Telstra Corporation Ltd.
- Technological advancements in telecommunication network standards are expected to propel the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and EMEA system integration in telecommunication market growth over the forecast period
The introduction of advanced telecommunication technologies such as LTE and 3G networks necessitated integration of well-organized OSS. This is done to comply with the network's operational requirements. Furthermore, TSPs are focused on implementing the OSS solution, owing to its enhanced capabilities to facilitate configuration equipment, topological design, and network-synthesis. Thus, these factors are expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific, Latin America and EMEA System Integration in Telecommunication Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
COVID-19 Pandemic have adversely affected the economies of various countries around the globe. According to the International Monetary fund Analysis, the global economy is expected to shrink down by 3% percent in the year 2020 compared to year 2019. Due to the reduction in the size of global economy the spending or purchasing power of people also decreases. As the sales volume of companies are expected to decrease, the expenditure of companies on up gradation of existing systems is also expected to decrease. Now companies are trying to retain its market share with the existing systems.
EMEA held dominant position in the global System Integration in Telecommunication market in 2019, accounting for 47.1% share in terms of value, followed by Asia Pacific and Latin America respectively
Figure 1: Global System Integration in Telecommunication Market Share (%) in terms of Value, By Region, 2019
- Challenges related to legacy OSS/BSS systems is expected to restrain growth of the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and EMEA system integration in telecommunication market growth over the forecast period
Emerging technology such as network function virtualization, software-defined networks, life cycle orchestration, and others as major compatibility challenges with legacy OSS and BSS systems. Therefore, telecommunication service providers need to constantly optimize their legacy OSS/BSS systems to comply with the functional requirements of these technologies. Therefore, these factors are expected to restrain growth of the market in the near future.
- High implementation cost is expected to hinder the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and EMEA system integration in telecommunication market growth over the forecast period
OSS and BSS systems are expensive, and this is a major factor restraining the rapid adoption of these systems by SMEs and new entrants globally. These systems also need to be upgraded in accordance with currently available technology, resulting in additional investments. Furthermore, these systems require skilled operators, or even a dedicated team to monitor its operation. Thus, these factors are expected to hinder the market growth in the near future.
Asia Pacific, Latin America and EMEA System Integration in Telecommunication Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2019:
||USD 27406.8 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2016 to 2019
||2020 to 2027
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2027 Value Projection:
||USD 43580.2 Mn
|Geographies covered (27):
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa: South Africa, North Africa, Central Africa
Ericsson, Redknee Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., NetCracker Technology Corporation, Amdocs Inc., Sigma System Canada, Comptel Corp., and Openet Telecom.
- Increasing need for convergent billing systems
- Technological advancements in telecommunication network standards
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Challenges related to legacy OSS/BSS systems
- Emergence of 5G technology can present lucrative growth opportunities
5G technology is expected to create significant demand for OSS/BSS solutions in the near future. The technology is anticipated to encompass ultra-high-speed, on-demand data services, and intelligent systems. The transition to 5G will require the transformation of user interfaces, connectivity, infrastructure, and operations. Hence, this is expected to create major demand for a well-structured OSS/BSS platform with enhanced analytics, automation, and orchestration capabilities. For instance, SK Telecom Co., Ltd. – a wireless telecommunications operator based in South Korean – employs Ericsson’s Regional Cloud Lab and Ericsson HDS 8000 solution for the development of 5G core network, which deploys network slicing technology.
- Rising trend of big data and machine-to-machine learning can pose major business opportunities
Demand for network management services is rapidly increasing with growing application of big data, machine-to-machine (M2M), and virtualization technology among others. System integrators globally are investing significantly in the development of advanced OSS and BSS solutions to address the requirement of these technologies. Moreover, telecommunication service providers are shifting toward the cloud, NFV, and SDN technologies in order to easily manage different and critical network operations and help operators remain competitive.
Figure 2: Global System Integration in Telecommunication Market Value (US$ Mn), 2017 - 2027
The global System Integration in Telecommunication market was valued at US$ 27406.8 Mn in 2019 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 43580.2 Mn by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2020 and 2027.
- Growing adoption of new generation operating system (NGOSS)
Legacy OSS BSS platforms face challenges such as low data accuracy, long process cycles, and increasing security issues among others. In order to overcome these barriers, system integrators globally are introducing a new generation operations system (NGOSS). Telecommunication service providers are adopting next-generation OSS/BSS systems due to factors such as emerging applications, integration with new IP-based frameworks, and to improve upon customer service. Moreover, the need to rationalize legacy systems into common support frameworks, along with availing differentiating services from that of competitors, is further encouraging telecommunication service providers to adopt new generation operations system.
- Mergers and acquisitions among market players
Key companies in the market are focused on mergers and acquisitions, in order to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance, in March 2016, NetCracker Technology Corporation extended its partnership with BT Group Plc – a telecommunication services provider based in The U.K. – to offer revenue and billing management solutions in order to simplify billing and rating business line.
Key players operating in the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and EMEA system integration in telecommunication market are Ericsson, Redknee Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., NetCracker Technology Corporation, Amdocs Inc., Sigma System Canada, Comptel Corp., and Openet Telecom.
- Major companies in the market are focused on partnerships and collaborations, in order to enhance the market presence. For instance, in January 2020, Ericsson partnered with Capgemini to support communication service providers for various enterprises.
- Major market players are involved in partnerships and collaborations, in order to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance, in December 2018, Huwaei Technologies partnered with TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, and Infosys to boost its enterprise presence in India.