CVD silicon carbide is industrially manufactured by reaction bonding, sintering, and chemical vapor deposition (CVD).
- The properties of CVD silicon carbide aid as driver for global market growth. Few of its properties include purity, chemical and oxidation resistance, stiffness, thermal shock resistance, and dimensional stability, among others. Furthermore, CVD silicon carbide has good resistance to electricity, which is expected to boost demand for global CVD silicon carbide market over the forecast period.
- However, price for CVD silicon carbide is higher as compared to any other silicon carbides available. This factor is expected to hamper growth of the global CVD silicon carbide market during the forecast period.
- Among product type, high resistivity grade segment is expected to account for significant market share during the forecast period, owing to the various benefits of CVD silicon carbide such as generation of higher yields, less downtime, faster throughput and cycle time, among others, which make CVD silicon carbide suitable for high resistivity grade segment.
- Among application, CVD silicon carbide is segmented into rapid thermal process components, plasma etch components, susceptors and dummy wafer, and led wafer carriers and cover plates, among others.
- Major CVD silicon carbide manufacturers are focusing on strategies such as product launches and product innovation, among others to expand their product portfolio and consumer base. For instance, on 13th March 2015, Morgan Advanced Materials announced about advances in their material range using CVD (chemical vapor deposition) processes. These advances include CVD Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Pyrolytic Boron Nitride (PBN) materials, which are ideal for semiconductor applications such as rapid thermal processing, plasma etch process chamber components, and metal organic CVD tools. This CVD silicon carbide is further used in the manufacturing of high-brightness white LED using indium gallium nitride process.
- Such product launches mentioned regarding Morgan Advanced Materials, among other companies is expected to boost the growth in case of the global CVD silicon carbide market during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the global CVD silicon carbide market include Tokai Carbon, Morgan Advanced Materials, Ferrotec, CoorsTek, Dow, AGC, and SKC solmics, among others.
On the basis of product type, the global CVD silicon carbide market is segmented into:
- High Resistivity Grade
- Middle Resistivity Grade
- Low Resistivity Grade
On the basis of application, the global CVD silicon carbide market is segmented into:
- Rapid Thermal Process Components
- Plasma Etch Components
- Susceptors and Dummy Wafer
- LED Wafer Carriers and Cover Plates
On the basis of region, the global CVD silicon carbide market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa