Direct thermal film labels have a heat sensitive coating on their face stock, which enables these products to be imaged with a barcode printer without the requirement of a ribbon. Among product type, top coated are premium range of labels with a smooth, sensitivity thermal coating. In case of non-top coated, a thermal coating is applied on a paper back stock.
- The direct thermal film labels have a protective layer on their surface which leads to good quality resolution of graphics, text, and bar codes. Therefore, these advantages are expected to boost growth of the global direct thermal film label market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, these labels are resistant to water, oil, and offer a matte finish similar to paper, which helps in printing a sharp image on printing
- However, factors such fading of labels due to sunlight are expected to hamper growth of the global direct thermal film labels market during the forecast period
- Direct thermal film labels are segmented on the basis of their material type, product type, and end-use industry. Furthermore, in case of material type, paper type segment is expected to gain a significant market share during the forecast period, owing to additional protective coating on the paper type direct thermal film labels.
- The protective coating required in case of paper type is essential as it reduces fading of the thermal image caused by exposure to UV light, grease or water
- Furthermore, in case of end-use industry, the automotive industry segment is expected to gain a significant market share during the forecast period, owing to increasing use of direct thermal film labels in this industry. For instance, according to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OCIA), the total number of vehicles produced globally in 2016 were 94,976,569, which was segregated as 72,105,435 cars and 22,871,134 commercial vehicles. Whereas, as per the same source, in 2017, the total vehicle production was 97,302,534, out of which 73,456,531 cars and 23,854,003 commercial vehicles were produced. Therefore, increasing sales of vehicles is expected to further boost the market share of the automotive industry segment in the global direct thermal film label market during the forecast period.
- Key players operating in the global direct thermal film label market include Avery Dennison Corporation, Labelmakers Group Pty Ltd., 3M Company, Consolidated Label Co., Hub Labels, Premier Label Company Inc., A & S Labels Pvt Ltd., Blanco Inc., and Brady Corporation.
On the basis of material type, the global direct thermal film label market is segmented into:
On the basis of product type, the global direct thermal film label market is segmented into:
- Top coated
- Non-top coated
On the basis of end-use industry, the global direct thermal film label market is segmented into:
- Food and Beverage
- Others (Personal care, etc.)
On the basis of region, the global direct thermal film label market is segmented into:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa